Prohashing using Hiveos

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ahartwick

Prohashing using Hiveos

Post by ahartwick » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:41 am

Anyone use HiveOS for their gpu rigs and point to Prohashing?... If so, what are the miner config settings you use?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Prohashing using Hiveos

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am

ahartwick wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:41 am Anyone use HiveOS for their gpu rigs and point to Prohashing?... If so, what are the miner config settings you use?
I assigned a task to Sarah to research HiveOS next week, and to write a guide on how to use it. HiveOS is a common question that we see in support tickets.

Look for a guide on this topic on September 3.
ahartwick

Post by ahartwick » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:12 pm

that's great news!

thanks
ahartwick

Post by ahartwick » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am
ahartwick wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:41 am Anyone use HiveOS for their gpu rigs and point to Prohashing?... If so, what are the miner config settings you use?
I assigned a task to Sarah to research HiveOS next week, and to write a guide on how to use it. HiveOS is a common question that we see in support tickets.

Any update on this?... no hurry, just excited to see how it's done!
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 pm

what miner are you planning on using inside HiveOs?

First, you are going to go to add a flight sheet. In that section select your coin to mine, add your wallet address, under the pool section, select configure in miner. then you can select your miner, and inside that selection box it will say setup miner config. (note: you can add multiple miners for different coins, using different cards etc...)

Also I suggest clicking on the little ? Help icon above the miner selection box.

ahartwick

Post by ahartwick » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:07 pm

I'll see if I can get this working!
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:52 pm

I did manage to get it working, but switched back to gminer on windows for time being. holler if you need a hand with it.

Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 am

As a general rule, the mining OS's like HiveOS use various standalone miners for GPU and CPU mining. These same miners can be downloaded and run from a Windows or Linux OS. The mining OS's are just turned more for mining than a standard install of a Linux Distro. They also have some nice feature like monitoring and grouping multiple mining rigs in a single management interface.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:14 pm

ahartwick wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am

Any update on this?... no hurry, just excited to see how it's done!
The guide has been put on hold because we got in touch with HiveOS and were given access to be able to add our settings to their Pre-sets in the flight sheets. At the moment, I have most of it set up and am in the process of putting in a pull request to HiveOS.
imzsht7181

Post by imzsht7181 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am

Is there any chance of making it so Hive can report the real time power stats to you so it doesn't become inaccurate when an overclock is changed on L3+ asics (any asic really)? Also maybe convince them to quit forcing a coin and address on asic flight sheets. Should be easy enough if they just set the coin as Prohashing then have it auto toggle to input a username. They're aware you automatically set the coin and algo as well as handle payment distribution so there is no need for an additional coin or wallet address in the process. I see that they finally list your pools as available. I don't see any of the password modifiers in their menus during miner config yet though. I hope that is also something that you could work out with them as well.