Prohashing using Hiveos

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Prohashing using Hiveos

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am

imzsht7181 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am Is there any chance of making it so Hive can report the real time power stats to you so it doesn't become inaccurate when an overclock is changed on L3+ asics (any asic really)? Also maybe convince them to quit forcing a coin and address on asic flight sheets. Should be easy enough if they just set the coin as Prohashing then have it auto toggle to input a username. They're aware you automatically set the coin and algo as well as handle payment distribution so there is no need for an additional coin or wallet address in the process. I see that they finally list your pools as available. I don't see any of the password modifiers in their menus during miner config yet though. I hope that is also something that you could work out with them as well.
If you'd like to work with Sarah to improve our Hive support, we'll be glad to do that! However, she doesn't have an L3+ to test with, and she isn't an expert with Hive. Are you available to give her a little bit of your time?
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 am

How do you configure username within hiveos?
I see prohashing as a pool option when setting up a new flight sheet.

Just not sure how to get my user name and payouts to Prohashing.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:54 am

imzsht7181 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am Is there any chance of making it so Hive can report the real time power stats to you so it doesn't become inaccurate when an overclock is changed on L3+ asics (any asic really)? Also maybe convince them to quit forcing a coin and address on asic flight sheets. Should be easy enough if they just set the coin as Prohashing then have it auto toggle to input a username. They're aware you automatically set the coin and algo as well as handle payment distribution so there is no need for an additional coin or wallet address in the process. I see that they finally list your pools as available. I don't see any of the password modifiers in their menus during miner config yet though. I hope that is also something that you could work out with them as well.
I think anything that you'd like them to change with how they're set up would have to be done through their customer service at this point. We've been added to their templates because after contacting their customer service for quite a while, they sent me to the GitHub and said, "Here, you can add yourself." So I do apologize if the templates don't quite do everything you're looking for, as I was writing it with limited knowledge of HiveOS. It took about a month for them to merge the template once I put in the request.
Macky82

Post by Macky82 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 am

try this one he is using hive with prohashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fkz2CDiV0
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:21 am

Macky82 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 am try this one he is using hive with prohashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fkz2CDiV0
Took a couple attempts to get the URL correct, the settings are different looking for GPU's but I was able to get it going.

Thanks for the help!
joncar84

Post by joncar84 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 am

can someone help me setup my hiveos? I tried sending som pm's but they didn't seem to work. I have to start mining to prohashing because it's fully U.S. owned because of my security clearance.
ToeKnee

Post by ToeKnee » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:20 pm

joncar84 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 am can someone help me setup my hiveos? I tried sending som pm's but they didn't seem to work. I have to start mining to prohashing because it's fully U.S. owned because of my security clearance.
I use HiveOS exclusively. I GPU mine to Prohashing and I CPU mine to another pool until Prohashing offers more profitable CPU algos. Where are you at in your HiveOS journey? Did you put HiveOS on a SSD drive and are using dedicated machines? Did you flash HiveOS to some ASIC device? Do you already know how to setup your Farm Hash and what not? Do you need help with flight sheets? Have you watched YouTube videos? Have you been in the HiveOS forum?

Let me know how much you've already put in so I know where you're at.
joncar84

Post by joncar84 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:51 pm

I have hiveos already setup on my rig. I was mining to Nicehash but since they are foreign owned, I had to switch because of my security clearance. Prohashing is U.S. so I need to connect my rig to prohashing. I probably need help with everything regarding connecting hive with prohashing. Thanks!
joncar84

Post by joncar84 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:12 am

ToeKnee wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:20 pm Do you already know how to setup your Farm Hash and what not? Do you need help with flight sheets? Have you watched YouTube videos? Have you been in the HiveOS forum?

Let me know how much you've already put in so I know where you're at.
Toeknee, can you help me with the connection side, flight sheets, etc? I have the os already flashed on the drive and everything is ready.
ToeKnee

Post by ToeKnee » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:56 am

Start to finish is a large undertaking; and if I did it for you, then you would not have the desire to learn on your own, meaning that you would not know how to negotiate problems in the future if you wanted to change your flight sheets, set overclocking parameters, etc.

Let's just start with the basics, which would be CPU mining.

1. Create a new wallet for a particular coin. This assumes that you already have a place to store your coins. For example, I use the Exodus wallet. Not every wallet out there supports every coin made. Therefore choose a wallet software that supports the coin you want to mine. That's step one.
2. Once you know your software wallet address, go into HiveOS and create a wallet there. Copy and paste the address from your software wallet into the HiveOS wallet. After all, HiveOS needs to know WHERE to send what you earn.
3. Now, if you are using PROHASHING to mine, then the wallet address changes a little. Instead of using the raw address from your wallet software, you will be using your PROHASHING USERNAME as your wallet address. In this manner, you would define your various software wallet addresses in your PROHASHING payout options. But on the HIVEOS side, you will be using your PROHASHING username as your wallet address.
4. Now, let's suppose you want to use CPU mining. Great. You need to use a CPU algo. Prohashing supports XMR mining at the current time. But you could in theory CPU mine to a different pool other than Prohashing; But let's keep things easy. Let's suppose you want to use your CPU to mine XMR from Prohashing's pool into your Prohashing username wallet.
5. So, at this point you have created an XMR wallet on HiveOS, and the XMR address is your Prohashing username.
6. Now it's time to create a flight sheet.
7. In the Coin section, select XMR.
8, In the Wallet section, select that XMR wallet that uses your Prohashing username.
9. In the pool section, scroll to the bottom of the list and select "Configure in Miner" ...
10. In the miner section, select "SRBMiner-Multi"
11. Name your Flightsheet to whatever you want.
12. Back in the "Miner" section of the flightsheet box, click on the yellow "Setup Miner Config"
13. At the top, the "Hash algorithm:" should be "RandomX"
14. Under that is "Wallet" ... Which you will just use "%WAL%" ... which is a variable that pulls information from what you defined as your XMR wallet, which you already defined as your Prohashing username in a previous step.
15. Leave the "Worker Name" Box empty. We will set that elsewhere.
16. In the "Pool server:port:" you will use the following: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3359
17. In the "Pass:" box, you will define the information you will send to Prohashing. You could input "a=randomx" alone and that's it ... (do not use quotation marks here)... You can also screw around with https://prohashing.com/tools/miner-configurator/RandomX to figure out if you want to add more information to the "Pass:" section.
18. In the "Plugin and device configs:" box, I usually enter --disable-gpu
19. Now click on "Apply changes" at the bottom of the miner config box.
20. Now click on the "Create Flightsheet" button.
21. Now that this is done, go and select a particular machine in a FARM or select everything you have in the farm... then at the top of the screen, yeah, the VERY TOP of the screen there is a rocket icon ... CLick on that icon AFTER you have selected which machines will use that particular flight sheet. Then click on it ... it will ask you if you want to apply the flight sheet and you say yes."
22. Boom. It works just for CPU mining.

You can always go back and use Lolminer for GPU mining and SBRMiner for CPU mining.