SHA-256 Asicboost connection still supported?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
azereki

SHA-256 Asicboost connection still supported?

Post by azereki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Having trouble getting SHA-256 Asicboost to connect and hash, using: stratum+tcp://eu.prohashing.com:3335 & my password arguments are: c=bitcoin,m=pplns

Am I potentially missing anything else? Thanks!
azereki

Re: SHA-256 Asicboost connection still supported?

Post by azereki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Looks like this might have been an issue with overall rig configuration, but leaving this thread open just in case there are other password arguments required that I didn't set.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:47 am

The best choice is to use the "i=" password argument, in addition to the others you've already selected, to allow the mining servers to determine the best settings based upon the type of mining rig. You can use the "Worker Configurator" page to select your mining rig type from the list.
azereki

Post by azereki » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:08 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:47 am The best choice is to use the "i=" password argument, in addition to the others you've already selected, to allow the mining servers to determine the best settings based upon the type of mining rig. You can use the "Worker Configurator" page to select your mining rig type from the list.
Following up on this, I was experimenting with a high difficulty rig rental from MRR that had a recommended diff of 500k. Rig owner suggests it was a pool work difficulty issue. Does this sound accurate?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am

azereki wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:08 am
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:47 am The best choice is to use the "i=" password argument, in addition to the others you've already selected, to allow the mining servers to determine the best settings based upon the type of mining rig. You can use the "Worker Configurator" page to select your mining rig type from the list.
Following up on this, I was experimenting with a high difficulty rig rental from MRR that had a recommended diff of 500k. Rig owner suggests it was a pool work difficulty issue. Does this sound accurate?
The system will assign miners to difficulties of 500k or even higher eventually, but starts with a lower difficulty. Just omit the "d=" password argument and you'll be assigned a higher difficulty.

We would love to help you if you connect directly to Prohashing, and you can feel free to create a support ticket if you plan to do that. However, we aren't able to provide support for cloud mining services, as we've found that much of the hashrate on these services is involved with criminality and fraud. While MiningRigRentals is not outright banned like Nicehash, you can eliminate the problem you're having and get support by simply connecting directly to Prohashing.
steve_empire

Post by steve_empire » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:05 pm

None of my ASIC's running Sha-256 will connect to the pool if I try to mine with the "c=bitcoin" argument. My miners show that the pool is dead if I use that argument. If I remove the "c=bitcoin" argument then they will all connect to the pool. I'm using Bitmain and Ebit miners. I tried both with and without the "i=" argument, made no difference.
azereki

Post by azereki » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:50 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am While MiningRigRentals is not outright banned like Nicehash, you can eliminate the problem you're having and get support by simply connecting directly to Prohashing.
Ah, that's good to know, thanks! I actually discovered them on this ProHashing page and thought they were vetted, so decided to try it out: https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... s#services
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:38 am

azereki wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:50 am
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am While MiningRigRentals is not outright banned like Nicehash, you can eliminate the problem you're having and get support by simply connecting directly to Prohashing.
Ah, that's good to know, thanks! I actually discovered them on this ProHashing page and thought they were vetted, so decided to try it out: https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... s#services
Mining Rig Rentals is not like Nicehash in that Mining Rig Rentals investigates criminal activity and attempts to police its services, while Nicehash simply allows criminals to conduct 51% attacks and connect low-luck miners while turning a blind eye.

However, the cloud mining rentals business model is fundamentally flawed, and Mining Rig Rentals is engaged in a business where one of the major reasons to rent is criminality. It's difficult for them to prevent abuse in advance, which is why we always advise direct connections. Another reason we advise direct connections is that we can't see into cloud mining services' systems to troubleshoot problems, and that's why we don't provide support to non-direct miners.
Steven Godshall

Post by Steven Godshall » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:00 pm

steve_empire wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:05 pm None of my ASIC's running Sha-256 will connect to the pool if I try to mine with the "c=bitcoin" argument. My miners show that the pool is dead if I use that argument. If I remove the "c=bitcoin" argument then they will all connect to the pool. I'm using Bitmain and Ebit miners. I tried both with and without the "i=" argument, made no difference.
Bitcoin is currently only available for PPLNS and SOLO mining. Attempting to static FPPS mine Bitcoin could cause this issue.
steve_empire

Post by steve_empire » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:12 am

[/quote]Bitcoin is currently only available for PPLNS and SOLO mining. Attempting to static FPPS mine Bitcoin could cause this issue.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out when I get a chance...