Monero Pool showing no connection

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GunMuse

Monero Pool showing no connection

Post by GunMuse » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:06 am

Can't connect to the xmr pool Net error. Also SHA 256 has been cutting in and out creating duplicates of my machines.
GunMuse

Re: Monero Pool showing no connection

Post by GunMuse » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:12 pm

given up on this works on any other pool not going to bang my head with its my rig's thinking both linux and windows will not connect to pool suggest they investigate net connection issues closer to their servers.
bMeister1

Re: Monero Pool showing no connection

Post by bMeister1 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:20 am

In my experience, when I get net errors, "End of File" etc., it has always come down to my configuration settings for that program. I've used both XMRig (starting 6.12) and SRBMiner 0.7.9 and both hash away quite happily on this pool but that was only after I got the settings right. Usually it had to do with really dumb stuff like mistyping the algorithm. That said, when the server has to do its occasional restarts it will kick all of my Monero miners out for about 5min but that's been the worst of it. I just set up zergpool as a backup pool and XMRig handles swapping back and forth automatically.

As for duplication of machines, that is a sure sign (barring wisdom from the admins) of fast disconnect/reconnects. The server will not recognize that a machine has disconnected for about 2-5min so if you reconnect within that window, it creates a duplicate. It sorts itself out eventually after the first connection finally times out but it looks messy in the meantime. That usually points to either a) an unstable internet connection or b) an unstable mining program that is rapidly restarting itself. Without more info about your setup it's hard to know for sure, but considering your Monero miners are also having connection issues, it might just be something wrong with your internet connection. If you can't find any issues on your local network, it could also be an issue with your ISP.