Best Algo for limited RTX3060

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mhairt

Best Algo for limited RTX3060

Post by Mhairt » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:57 am

Any advice on this. Should I just stick with Ethash at around 22MHz or would another algorithm be more profitable?
-MaVerick-

Re: Best Algo for limited RTX3060

Post by -MaVerick- » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:31 am

With the lock you should be able to get around 26MH/s out of that thing with the right settings. Use miniZ and you will be able to get into the 30+MH/s.
Ilovecoffee

Post by Ilovecoffee » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:51 am

Without googling I remember reading the nerfed cards were easily overridden by a specific driver version which showed the locked down cards weren't limited via the hardware itself.
Mhairt

Post by Mhairt » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:31 am

Cheers will try out miniz and see what I can get it up to
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:56 am

Ilovecoffee wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:51 am Without googling I remember reading the nerfed cards were easily overridden by a specific driver version which showed the locked down cards weren't limited via the hardware itself.
True, there are the lucky ones with that option. I assumed the topic starter got his card recently and this would mean a very high chance of a Rev.2 card. No special driver. Only option right now to get some MH out of that long bastard is MiniZ or anything else but ethash. Some people claim that the lock is also happening on different algos, can't confirm that with my Gigabye RTX3060.