L3+ Difficulty Config

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Calsontn

L3+ Difficulty Config

Post by Calsontn » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello,

Like many folks I have recently dusted off my L3+'s and out them back to work. Having some efficiency issues with some and was wondering if setting a static difficulty for each unit would be recommended. I also recently re-flashed each unit with the updated Bitmain firmware but haven't noticed any improvement. Would an aftermarket firmware such as Blissz be the better route?

Thanks!
ToeKnee

Re: L3+ Difficulty Config

Post by ToeKnee » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 am

After market firmware is preferred; I am using HiveOS to manage my cluster of L3+ and the firmware allows me to undervolt each L3+ to 504MH @ 660W (There are various other power-to-hashrate configs available). I think each L3+ attempts to pull 800W with stock firmware.

Link to HiveOS firmware: https://hiveos.farm/asic/l3/

HiveOS is a different beast, but I've heard good things about Blissz firmware - and I think there's a version floating around that has a 0% dev fee as the developer of the firmware is no longer developing it.

I'll admit, I don't know anything about the efficiency issues you describe. All I do is put the HiveOS firmware on a SD card, flash each L3+, configure each L3+, and everything handles itself afterward.