GPU and CPU Mining causes block connectivity

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: GPU and CPU Mining causes block connectivity

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:08 am

FDDanny wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 pm Thanks Steve, after digging in a lot more it was a two fold issue.
Norton had to be completely shutdown despite configurations to exempt the mining software that would have done CPU mining. Note Symantec now has an Early Adopter Program and they have added crypto mining data to their platform. So my GPU mining is running no issues with Norton 360.
The second culprit was Malwarebytes. That had to be uninstalled and stripped with an uninstaller tool. Only then could I run CPU mining with xmrig.
Until I work out the issues with Norton hating XMrig ill stick to GPU mining for now. It was just an added way to keep my system working at its peak capacity.
Thanks for following up! The good news is my official mining rig is here so soon I will switch over from playing around on my laptop to a dedicated multi card gpu miner.

Regards
Dan
I'm glad to hear that! Now, we also know what could be preventing other customers from mining when they encounter this issue as well.