can 4gb gpu & 6gb gpu run different algo? how do i select gpu?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
SpaceCase418

can 4gb gpu & 6gb gpu run different algo? how do i select gpu?

Post by SpaceCase418 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Hi all. I'm a noob and just figuring things out. I'm running two gpus both on an etc script, however i would like to set it up so that my gpus are mining separately.

gpu0 is a 4gb gtx 1650 i want to keep it on ETC.
gpu1 is a 6gb 1060 i want to run it on ETH.

what script am i missing that separates the gpus? -d gpu0 does not work as "d" is difficulty here not device.
thanks
Jaiven

Re: can 4gb gpu & 6gb gpu run different algo? how do i select gpu?

Post by Jaiven » Sat May 29, 2021 8:48 pm

SpaceCase418 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:38 pm Hi all. I'm a noob and just figuring things out. I'm running two gpus both on an etc script, however i would like to set it up so that my gpus are mining separately.

gpu0 is a 4gb gtx 1650 i want to keep it on ETC.
gpu1 is a 6gb 1060 i want to run it on ETH.

what script am i missing that separates the gpus? -d gpu0 does not work as "d" is difficulty here not device.
thanks
I would like to know the answer to that as well. I asked a similar question before and was told I would have to run two different .bat programs which is fine, but no one was able to help me with the commands to select specific gpu's for the .bat files.
UrbanMiner

Post by UrbanMiner » Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 am

Whatever mining software you are using would have a bunch of hidden switches to specify GPU number.
You need to find the readme file of the mining software or look up the GPU commands for it online.
SpaceCase418

Post by SpaceCase418 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:08 am

that did it! thanks

****if using the prohashing recommended the command to select a gpu on your rig is "--devices 0 1 2 3"****