"Connection closed by the pool"

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BMChris

"Connection closed by the pool"

Post by BMChris » Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 am

I'm trying to use PhoenixMiner on my laptop (cos the family uses the desktop at the weekend), using ethash-lowmemory

My card only has 2GB, so if I run the standard password string I get an out of memory error.

However, if I use l=2 in there, I get "Connection closed by the pool". Any ideas?

Steve Sokolowski

Re: "Connection closed by the pool"

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 15, 2021 9:06 am

Check the "Dashboard" page. Keep the page open, then try to connect, and view the "live worker errors." You should have more data available as to the specific reason the workers can't connect.

Others can help me with this issue, but I think the most likely cause is that you can't use ethash-lowmemory with 2GB anymore. In that case, you'll have to choose a different algorithm. Perhaps someone can advise which algorithm he or she would use with a low-powered graphics card.
BMChris

Re: "Connection closed by the pool"

Post by BMChris » Sat May 15, 2021 10:59 am

Look like you're right:

Never mind, I was never going to really get useful rates on this machine anyway.