Ethash-LowMemory Getting Lot of Rejected Shares

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
romes

Re: Ethash-LowMemory Getting Lot of Rejected Shares

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 10:01 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:31 am
romes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am Still having issue. Seems if I reboot the miner itll start getting shares and finding blocks without any rejections and then after some time shares will start being rejected. Not sure what the cause is. I've tried several variations of variables in my pass field.
This error implies that your miner isn't responding to the latest work being sent to it. It would still be mining an old job, which the mining servers need to reject because there is no money the pool can make by trying to find old blocks.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I thought this information might be of some help.
Ok. That makes sense.

It seems to be working fine now. I changed the pass field to 'l=4,i=e3_180,a=ethash-lowmemory'

See if that helps. Will keep monitoring. Thanks for the response.
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 10:13 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:31 am Unfortunately, I don't know how to resolve the issue
Thats ok. At least I know whats happening now and can monitor it and reboot it when it gets stuck on a job. Much appreciate your honest answer.
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:31 am
romes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am Still having issue. Seems if I reboot the miner itll start getting shares and finding blocks without any rejections and then after some time shares will start being rejected. Not sure what the cause is. I've tried several variations of variables in my pass field.
This error implies that your miner isn't responding to the latest work being sent to it. It would still be mining an old job, which the mining servers need to reject because there is no money the pool can make by trying to find old blocks.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I thought this information might be of some help.
Any idea about my problem?
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am

That pass field change seems to maybe have solved my issue. I will continue to monitor but its been hashing away flawlessly since I made that change.
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 8:38 pm

romes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am That pass field change seems to maybe have solved my issue. I will continue to monitor but its been hashing away flawlessly since I made that change.
Ok maybe not heh. I'll just continue to monitor and restart when its stuck on a job.
romes

Post by romes » Sun May 16, 2021 7:51 pm

I may have resolved it. We'll see. I had older firmware and it looks like this firmware upgrade may have solved my issue.
romes

Post by romes » Wed May 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Btw, this issue was resolved with firmware upgrade. Also, for those with an E3 who try to upgrade the firmware, Bitmain will provide instructions how to do so using a 4GB micro SD card. However, this is not needed. All you need to do is ssh into the miner using linux terminal OR Putty if using windows, and delete the core file which is preventing the firmware from being able to be uploaded due to not enough space. Here is a youtube video on how to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xafo-iFdMDk