Ethash-LowMemory Getting Lot of Rejected Shares

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
romes

Ethash-LowMemory Getting Lot of Rejected Shares

Post by romes » Fri May 14, 2021 5:57 pm

I'm getting a lot of rejected shares using E3 on Ethash-LowMemory algorithm yesterday and today. Most seem to be being rejected.
romes

Re: Ethash-LowMemory Getting Lot of Rejected Shares

Post by romes » Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 pm

Seems ok now. I rebooted my miner and specified which algorithm to use in the pass field instead of leaving it x. See if that resolves it.

Thanks for everything.
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm

I've been getting a lot of suboptimal shares on ethash the past 3 days.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm

sonicrules wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm I've been getting a lot of suboptimal shares on ethash the past 3 days.
What is your username?

It isn't possible to receive suboptimal shares on ethash because a suboptimal share means that a merge-mined coin is stale. With no merge-mining on ethash, we need to examine your account to determine the cause of this system bug.
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Fri May 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm
sonicrules wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm I've been getting a lot of suboptimal shares on ethash the past 3 days.
What is your username?

It isn't possible to receive suboptimal shares on ethash because a suboptimal share means that a merge-mined coin is stale. With no merge-mining on ethash, we need to examine your account to determine the cause of this system bug.
It's sonicrules, same as here on the forums.
romes

Post by romes » Fri May 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Seems to be happening again. I'll keep monitoring. Not sure why it says miner is using incorrect algorithm.

My username is also the same..

'Algorithm Ethash-LowMemory
Coin Mined Nekonium
Block Number 6117713
Target Difficulty 1.000
Submitted Difficulty
Status Rejected (Miner is using an incorrect algorithm.)
Submission Time 5/14/21, 10:01 PM'
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 am

'Consider using the l=[RAM in GB] password argument to specify the miner's memory limit. Proswitching will only assign coins requiring a DAG that can fit in the l= memory limit'

How would I include that? For example if my pass were i=e3 or a=ethash-lowmemory? Not quite sure what I should set the pass as. Still getting a ton of rejected shares.
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 7:24 am

OK, I set pass as just l=4 for now. Will monitor. Sry for confusion.
romes

Post by romes » Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am

Still having issue. Seems if I reboot the miner itll start getting shares and finding blocks without any rejections and then after some time shares will start being rejected. Not sure what the cause is. I've tried several variations of variables in my pass field.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 15, 2021 9:31 am

romes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am Still having issue. Seems if I reboot the miner itll start getting shares and finding blocks without any rejections and then after some time shares will start being rejected. Not sure what the cause is. I've tried several variations of variables in my pass field.
This error implies that your miner isn't responding to the latest work being sent to it. It would still be mining an old job, which the mining servers need to reject because there is no money the pool can make by trying to find old blocks.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I thought this information might be of some help.