am I minning at the moment- my minner app is CGminer

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
shadshad

am I minning at the moment- my minner app is CGminer

Post by shadshad » Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Hi there

I am a newbe, and i just signed in your good site.

I am planning on minning dogiecoin, and since I didnot find it in your list of Gminer App, therefore I used or down loaded the CGminer App.
and I made the .bat file (cgminer –scrypt -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915 -u slakm.worker1 -p password1) and I replaced the
(stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915) with (stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3336) also the same i used my own username and pass.

So I made the .bat file and I ran it. am I minning at the moment?

Please guide or verify this for me.

regards
shadahad
Steve Sokolowski

Re: am I minning at the moment- my minner app is CGminer

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 07, 2021 3:52 pm

shadshad wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 pm Hi there

I am a newbe, and i just signed in your good site.

I am planning on minning dogiecoin, and since I didnot find it in your list of Gminer App, therefore I used or down loaded the CGminer App.
and I made the .bat file (cgminer –scrypt -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915 -u slakm.worker1 -p password1) and I replaced the
(stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915) with (stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3336) also the same i used my own username and pass.

So I made the .bat file and I ran it. am I minning at the moment?

Please guide or verify this for me.

regards
shadahad
If you're trying to mine dogecoins, then I suggest that you purchase a scrypt ASIC. Unfortunately, scrypt has long since been taken over by powerful ASICs, and it seems like you are trying to mine with a GPU. Mining dogecoins with a GPU is not likely to earn any money.

If you have a GPU, I suggest that you mine ethash instead, or etchash if you have less than 4GB of RAM in your video card. You can mine ethash using port 3339. Then, you can earn dogecoins by setting your payout proportions to 100% dogecoin, and you'll earn 10,000 times more money than you could by mining scrypt with the same GPU.