Setting up old scrypt miners .bat issues

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CriticalDog

Setting up old scrypt miners .bat issues

Post by CriticalDog » Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Like no doubt many, I have dusted off my old Scrypt miners to put them back to work.

I have 2 GAW Miner Furies, and one Gridseed... something. I can't recall off the top of my head.

They all power up, and I can get the connected to my computer with no trouble. But I'm having a hard time getting BFG to run, and I'm not particularly skilled at figuring out how to set up .bat files.

I have registered here, and I have tried to use the Worker Configurator but my .bat file doesn't seem to be running at all. I added a pause, as it flickers and closes if I don't.

Is there more to the password field that I need to add that the configurator doesn't handle?

Thanks in advance folks.
spauk

Re: Setting up old scrypt miners .bat issues

Post by spauk » Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm

It would help to know which mining software you're using. But generally if you have the drivers and they are being recognized by the computer, you need to find the COM port numbers in device manager under ports and in the bat file you initialize each device by specifying the com port, clock frequency and chip count, different miner software does this a bit differently in the syntax. I think the gawminer fury miners have 6 chips, and they are the same as zeusminers and the usual stock frequency is 328 but you might want to run them lower frequency if they're too hot.
i found an old bat file i used for 4 gawminer fury in bfgminer 5.4.2:
bfgminer --scrypt -S zus:\\.\com3 -S zus:\\.\com8 -S zus:\\.\com9 -S zus:\\.\com10 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnsub -u username -p "a=scrypt d=2048 n=fury" --set zus:chips=24 --set zus:clock=328 --scan-time=1
pause
In this example I used 24 for the chip count because I had 4 miners with 6 chips each running in the same instance, I'm not 100% certain that's the right configuration, but I think it worked. It might be better to run each miner in it's own instance if you have multiple miners.
romes

Post by romes » Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 pm

CriticalDog wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 pm Like no doubt many, I have dusted off my old Scrypt miners to put them back to work.

I have 2 GAW Miner Furies, and one Gridseed... something. I can't recall off the top of my head.

They all power up, and I can get the connected to my computer with no trouble. But I'm having a hard time getting BFG to run, and I'm not particularly skilled at figuring out how to set up .bat files.

I have registered here, and I have tried to use the Worker Configurator but my .bat file doesn't seem to be running at all. I added a pause, as it flickers and closes if I don't.

Is there more to the password field that I need to add that the configurator doesn't handle?

Thanks in advance folks.
You still need help with this?
CriticalDog

Post by CriticalDog » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 am

romes wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 pm
CriticalDog wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 pm Like no doubt many, I have dusted off my old Scrypt miners to put them back to work.

Thanks in advance folks.
You still need help with this?
My apologies, work got insane and I had completely forgotten I had even submitted this. I never got the virtual port to recognize that there was a device plugged into it, but I suspect that may be because I am using a USB hub. I'll try again without that later this week and see what I can come up with.

In general, my understanding is that with my very small hashrate, it may not be worth it to try, but I'm gonna keep plugging away at it. Maybe someday I can join the club with an L3 or something. lol

Sorry again for the delay.
romes

Post by romes » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:52 am

spauk wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm It would help to know which mining software you're using. But generally if you have the drivers and they are being recognized by the computer, you need to find the COM port numbers in device manager under ports and in the bat file you initialize each device by specifying the com port, clock frequency and chip count, different miner software does this a bit differently in the syntax. I think the gawminer fury miners have 6 chips, and they are the same as zeusminers and the usual stock frequency is 328 but you might want to run them lower frequency if they're too hot.
bfgminer --scrypt -S zus:\\.\com3 -S zus:\\.\com8 -S zus:\\.\com9 -S zus:\\.\com10 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnsub -u username -p "a=scrypt d=2048 n=fury" --set zus:chips=24 --set zus:clock=328 --scan-time=1
pause
In this example I used 24 for the chip count because I had 4 miners with 6 chips each running in the same instance, I'm not 100% certain that's the right configuration, but I think it worked. It might be better to run each miner in it's own instance if you have multiple miners.
Well, first I don't think you need the \\.\ after the :'s... Try with just the : and COM# like.. You also don't need the ='s after each switch, just space and the setting. and no " 's in the password field. Try this. Not sure if it will work but give it a try. Let me know. Been long time since I used my Fury's / BFG miner...

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u username -p d=2048 -S zus:COM8,COM9,COM10 --set zus:clock=328 --set zus:chips 24 --queue 1 --expiry 60 --scan-time 1
pause
romes

Post by romes » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 am

romes wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:52 am
spauk wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm It would help to know which mining software you're using. But generally if you have the drivers and they are being recognized by the computer, you need to find the COM port numbers in device manager under ports and in the bat file you initialize each device by specifying the com port, clock frequency and chip count, different miner software does this a bit differently in the syntax. I think the gawminer fury miners have 6 chips, and they are the same as zeusminers and the usual stock frequency is 328 but you might want to run them lower frequency if they're too hot.
pause
Well, first I don't think you need the \\.\ after the :'s... Try with just the : and COM# like.. You also don't need the ='s after each switch, just space and the setting. and no " 's in the password field. Try this. Not sure if it will work but give it a try. Let me know. Been long time since I used my Fury's / BFG miner...

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u username -p d=2048 -S zus:COM8,COM9,COM10 --set zus:clock=328 --set zus:chips 24 --queue 1 --expiry 60 --scan-time 1
pause
Maybe get rid of the zus:chips 24 flag too. Hmmm, not sure what you'd use there. Try without it, see what it results in. I'll see if I can help more after I know more.
WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:13 pm

--zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial zeus://./COM5

this is in my cgminer 4.3.5 windows *.bat file

good luck