miner opens then closes cant start

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
alwayswinter

miner opens then closes cant start

Post by alwayswinter » Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 am

my miner just opens the closes i cant seem to start it i tried disable antivirus no luck also tried as administrator.

is there a better miner to use or why is this not working. after a few attemps got it to work but it keeps saying watchdog terminated and cant run in admin mode without it opening and disapearing.
im mining with a nvidia 2080 8gb memory

my config file looks like
miner.exe --algo ethash --server stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3336 --user alwayswinter --pass a=equihash

also wich is most profitable for gpu mining? and what configg file should i use if sha256 is most profitable coin
Alynn

Re: miner opens then closes cant start

Post by Alynn » Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am

Assuming this is gminer take out the stratum+tcp://

make sure you are also running as administrator.

and if you want to see any errors it's best to open a command prompt first, then cd to the gminer folder and start it up. That way you can see your errors.

Profitability:
There is a lot of factors here, what hash rates can you get with the different algo (yes they will and can be vastly different). How much is that algo averaging? Are you talking PPS? PPLNS?

What I did, is ran for a few hours, did some math, swapped out, did some math, and after awhile figured out what worked best for my configuration.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 am

Alynn wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am Assuming this is gminer take out the stratum+tcp://

make sure you are also running as administrator.

and if you want to see any errors it's best to open a command prompt first, then cd to the gminer folder and start it up. That way you can see your errors.

Profitability:
There is a lot of factors here, what hash rates can you get with the different algo (yes they will and can be vastly different). How much is that algo averaging? Are you talking PPS? PPLNS?

What I did, is ran for a few hours, did some math, swapped out, did some math, and after awhile figured out what worked best for my configuration.
Thanks for that tip with the stratum+tcp issue for gminer. I didn't recognize that, and your response will help me with answering support tickets in the future.
alwayswinter

Post by alwayswinter » Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm

I still can't get it to mine is there other mining programs wich is the best for ether and if so what should my config file look like. I tried gminer but can't get it to work and I took out stratum+tcp:// do I need a www or somthing or is there a different miner I can use with instructions
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 pm

looking at it again you are also missing the --pers auto and you have ethash set but you are using the wrong port for ethash.

I'd also suggest setting the l level for your memory. Here is an edited version of my arguments for my 2080Ti

--algo ethash --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3339 --user alwayswinter --pass a=ethash,e=off,l=11

Again if you opened up a command prompt or put a pause at the end of the batch file you can see what errors you are having, gminer is good about telling you what is wrong.

So in your case, wrong port for algo, you didn't have the --pers auto set, and you had the stratum+tcp and you didn't need it.
Onachukwu

Post by Onachukwu » Wed May 26, 2021 8:26 am

I tried to set up my gminer but it opens and then closes before it starts and will flash a "no device found" before it goes off
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 am

Instead of just running it open an administrative command prompt and run the command. That way the data stays there and you can see any errors that it is throwing.

Also paste your arguments and we can see what you may have done wrong.