65% Efficiency L3+

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
chriscentro613

65% Efficiency L3+

Post by chriscentro613 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:20 am

Last 4 days efficiency has been below 75%, mostly right around 65% and greatly diminishing profits. Noticed hardware errors through the roof on a couple of the ASICs, ten of thousands within hours. This morning made adjustments and lowered frequency from 475 to 450Hz and errors have greatly reduced. ~580mh/s across all 4 rigs, i can settle for now I suppose.

Why?

I am running HP power supplies for 220v. All 4 L3+ set up same way. Upgraded to 600MH/s firmware. Last week I was clocking them at 494Hz with a hash rate about 630mh/s across all 4 with 100% efficiency and minimal hardware errors.

I knows its been some years since the mass of these ASICs have been fired up. Hoping some one can provide some insight.
I'm Proswitching, not static.

Cheers.
chriscentro613

Re: 65% Efficiency L3+

Post by chriscentro613 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:41 am

Resolved. Not sure why they were performing better 2 weeks ago but I reduced the frequency. Minimal hardware errors now and just about averaging 600mh/s across all 4. Back to 100%
sherm77

Re: 65% Efficiency L3+

Post by sherm77 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi @chriscentro613 - I have 6 L3+ with Blissz firmware, I generally keep mine at 384hz at lowest voltage and have few issues. I've considered raising the hashrate. Mine are all on apw3++ psu's that I got in summer 2017 with the miners (direct from Bitmain) and running on 120v. I could add 220v breakers and run new wire, but I haven't.

You mentioned that you upgraded to 600MH/S firmware, what firmware is that?

I do know that if I raise the frequency and don't apply enough voltage that I will get lots of hardware errors.

I'm very interested in your replies.