gminer low memory connect fail

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
croiscen

gminer low memory connect fail

Post by croiscen » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello, my config gminer:

Code: Select all

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com:3358 --user croiscen --pass l=1,n=gtx1050,a=ethash-lowmemory
Get run error:

Code: Select all

19:12:49 Connected to prohashing.com:3358 [50.220.121.209]
19:12:49 Authorized on Stratum Server
19:12:49 Connection Error: End of file
what's wrong?
spauk

Re: gminer low memory connect fail

Post by spauk » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 pm

I think you need a GPU paired with at least 3 or 4 GB RAM, and l= should be set to 3 or 4 because all of the ethash-lowmemory coins available for mining here have DAG sizes over 2GB. If you set l=1 it says end of file because there are no coins to mine with DAG sizes that fit in 1 GB. I don't know if a regular gtx 1050 with 2GB RAM can mine ethash anymore. I've found neoscrypt to be good for 1 GB cards, and equihash 144_5 to be good for 2 GB cards.