Every time I start mining it picks a random coin?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
DogeMiner3000

Every time I start mining it picks a random coin?

Post by DogeMiner3000 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:13 am

So I'm trying to mine with CGminer 3.7.2, but every time I launch the .bat script to start mining, it appears to pick a random coin to mine based on the algorithm (Scrypt or SHA-256) that I chose. I don't know how I'm supposed to specify which coin I want to mine. I want to mine Dogecoin and Litecoin. How can I specify that I want to mine only Dogecoin and Litecoin? TiA
solarminer

Re: Every time I start mining it picks a random coin?

Post by solarminer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:53 am

That's the whole point of prohashing, it picks the most profitable coin and then you can just get paid out in the coins you prefer. You end up making more in the end. I used to just mine for digibyte then switched to the prohashing system and it's worked out well.
DogeMiner3000

Post by DogeMiner3000 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 pm

> then switched to the prohashing system and it's worked out well.
What do you mean by that?
And I don't want to mine "the most profitable coin" I want to mine the coin I want to mine and nothing else.
sendmedoge

Post by sendmedoge » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:46 pm

With prohashing, you mine what they want to mine and they pay you out in what you want.
If you want to mine a specific coin, you want to find a pool that mines that or solo mine.

This isn't "mining" this is "leasing your miner to prohashing and choosing your payment form".