No accepted shares for Equihash 144.5 but only on Ti hardware

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
sludge

No accepted shares for Equihash 144.5 but only on Ti hardware

Post by sludge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:32 pm

I have a variety of mining rigs, some with nVidia 1050s, some with nVidia 1050 Tis, and some with nVidia 1070 Tis.

The problem I'm having is only my rigs with 1050s are able to report any valid shares. The rigs with "Ti" hardware are not reporting any valid shares (waited at least 10 minutes on each rig). I'm using AwesomeMiner so it then reaches the pool ignore threshold and then starts mining something else. I have tried miniZ miner and gMiner and I get the same result (but only on my rigs with Ti's)..

My nVidia CUDA drivers are only a couple months out of date so I don't think that's the issue.

Anyone else having this issue? Ideas?

Thanks in advance. :geek:
sludge

Re: No accepted shares for Equihash 144.5 but only on Ti hardware

Post by sludge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Well, I figured it out on my own. It wasn't the hardware, per se, but I did set up the miners with more memory (the Ti ones) to mine Equihash 144.5 a while back, but at that time it seemed I had to add "a=equihash" to the password parameter.. but now it keeps the mining from working. Anyway, I removed that parameter and now all the rigs can mine just fine and are reporting valid shares accepted.

PEBCAK as usual
(Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard)
Steve Sokolowski

Re: No accepted shares for Equihash 144.5 but only on Ti hardware

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am

sludge wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 pm Well, I figured it out on my own. It wasn't the hardware, per se, but I did set up the miners with more memory (the Ti ones) to mine Equihash 144.5 a while back, but at that time it seemed I had to add "a=equihash" to the password parameter.. but now it keeps the mining from working. Anyway, I removed that parameter and now all the rigs can mine just fine and are reporting valid shares accepted.

PEBCAK as usual
(Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard)
Ah, that makes sense. "a=equihash" will cause the miners to be assigned work for the equihash <192,7> algorithm, but your miners were configured to actually mine equihash<144,5>, which led to the incorrect algorithm errors.