ethash-lowmemory not working

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kerstballon

ethash-lowmemory not working

Post by kerstballon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 am

Hello,

I'm trying to mine callisto with gminer but I can't seem to get it to work. I get the following error: "invalid algorithm: Ethash-LowMemory".
Any ideas? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to mining.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: ethash-lowmemory not working

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 am

kerstballon wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 am Hello,

I'm trying to mine callisto with gminer but I can't seem to get it to work. I get the following error: "invalid algorithm: Ethash-LowMemory".
This sounds like something that is specific to your setup that is probably best handled in a support ticket, but from the limited information you've provided, it sounds like you might be confused with gminer's algorithm and the Prohashing "a=" password argument.

The gminer algorithm is "ethash," but if you want to use "a=," you should use "ethash-lowmemory" for that.
kerstballon

Re: ethash-lowmemory not working

Post by kerstballon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:43 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 am
kerstballon wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 am Hello,

This sounds like something that is specific to your setup that is probably best handled in a support ticket, but from the limited information you've provided, it sounds like you might be confused with gminer's algorithm and the Prohashing "a=" password argument.

The gminer algorithm is "ethash," but if you want to use "a=," you should use "ethash-lowmemory" for that.
Thank you! I indeed thought both the algorithm and "a=" had to be etash-lowmemory.