RX580 settings on Gminer

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Luke642

RX580 settings on Gminer

Post by Luke642 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:04 pm

What are the best setting for eth on gminer for a RX580?

I'm getting very low hash rates and an error saying I didn't select AMD, but I'm not sure what the option is.

Also is eth the best coin for RX580? Do I need to use another pool?

Thanks.
cryptomined

Re: RX580 settings on Gminer

Post by cryptomined » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:40 am

Ethash has the most productivity with this card. But it works on anything. Open the readme file in gminer. it is --opengl 1, but check to be sure.
------------------------------------------------------
The Crypto Mined
https://cryptomined.net
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMHCRY ... 5OAtekY7g
-------------------------------------------------------
spauk

Re: RX580 settings on Gminer

Post by spauk » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:14 am

I realize this post is over a month old but I thought I would share my settings for my RX580. I also tried gminer but I found I could get a few more MH/s using phoenixminer because it has -rxboost amd straps and kernel optimizations, I think teamredminer also has rxboost amd optimizations. You need windows 10 and recent drivers (I use win10 amd radeon drivers version 20.11.2 if the drivers are too new or too old the miner might work slowly or not work) to use the optimized kernels. I only need -tt 50 and -rxboost 100 in the miner's startup command line. I set the memory clock to 2250 MHz, core clock 1250 MHz using the radeon software, some other RX580 cards might not be able to go up to 2250 on the memory, it's dependent on the type of memory (in this example I'm using a card with micron memory). There's probably more tuning that can be done for power saving, like lowering the core clock or voltages, but it seems pretty stable at 1250 so I'm satisfied. Another important thing for the amd optimizations to work is to have EIO.exe, EIO.dll, and IOmap64.sys in the miner's folder and run the miner as administrator.
The end result for my Radeon RX 580 GAMING 8G (rev. 2.0) is about 33.4 MH/s @ 127 watts using pheonixminer 5.5c with -rxboost 100 (and -tt 50 to keep the fans running near maximum). 1250 MHz core clock, 2250 MHz memory clock, I leave core and memory voltages on automatic and same with memory timing, because every time I set -mt 1 or 2 it becomes very unstable. keep in mind each card is different so you will probably need to try tuning it yourself
I'm just curious what hashrate you can get with your RX580? or if you've found this information for yourself already since you posted