Status = Dead

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
d1k

Status = Dead

Post by d1k » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 pm

Hello all,
Setting up an Antminer S9 with prohashing, used the worker config tool but according to my s9 there is no connectivity to it.

I have everything in the firewall setup and I can confirm connectivity is possible as I have an old Antminer U1 mining Digibyte with my account so I don't know what is up here.

I used my account name in-place of worker name, then used the password argument given by the worker config tool. Is this correct?

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

*UPDATE*

I need to clarify, I am trying to static mine BTC, if I have the bitcoin argument in (as the worker config says) it does not work, if i take it out it works using Proswitching.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status = Dead

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:13 am

d1k wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 pm Hello all,
Setting up an Antminer S9 with prohashing, used the worker config tool but according to my s9 there is no connectivity to it.

I have everything in the firewall setup and I can confirm connectivity is possible as I have an old Antminer U1 mining Digibyte with my account so I don't know what is up here.

I used my account name in-place of worker name, then used the password argument given by the worker config tool. Is this correct?

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

*UPDATE*

I need to clarify, I am trying to static mine BTC, if I have the bitcoin argument in (as the worker config says) it does not work, if i take it out it works using Proswitching.
Hi d1k,

You can find out what errors you're encountering by displaying the "customer dashboard" page and attempting to connect, and then watching for recent authorization and disconnect errors.

In this case, Bitcoin is one of the few coins where static mining is only available if you join the Prohashing Trusted Mining Program.

However, I would suggest using Proswitching regardless. You'll never make more money mining a static coin than by using Proswitching - the algorithm works by changing to the most profitable coin. If you want to earn bitcoins, regardless of what you mine, just set your payout proportions to 100% bitcoins.

Thanks,

-Steve Sokolowski
Steven Godshall

Re: Status = Dead

Post by Steven Godshall » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Bitcoin mining is actually only available for PPLNS and SOLO mining currently.

I let Vance know that the worker configurator should be changed to consider this condition.