CPU Scrypt mining - no shares

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
tweitzel79

CPU Scrypt mining - no shares

Post by tweitzel79 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Hello all,

I'm rather new at mining, and I'm sure this won't be very profitable, but I'm trying to mine scrypt using my CPU. I seem to be connecting okay and hashing away (albeit slowly), but the website doesn't show any hash power.

I've attached a screenshot of the command I'm running and what the website is showing. Am I doing something wrong? I've had the system running all afternoon with no change in results.

I appreciate your help.

Steve Sokolowski

Re: CPU Scrypt mining - no shares

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:39 pm

Unfortunately, scrypt has been overtaken by ASICs, and mining that algorithm is no longer profitable with a CPU. It's so difficult that you probably won't even find any shares.

I suggest that you try other algorithms that don't have ASICs yet. If you have a graphics card in your computer, then ethash is probably your best bet. You can mine Ethereum or Ethereum Classic here, and you'll earn a lot more.
dbs101

Re: CPU Scrypt mining - no shares

Post by dbs101 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:08 am

how do you connect to prohashing with gpus using nanominer? i can't get it to work