Newbie Setting up trying to mine neoscrypt

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Carthag0

Newbie Setting up trying to mine neoscrypt

Post by Carthag0 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:38 am

Hi! Complete newbie trying to get my gaming rig to earn some money in the off hours.
I figured out how to do pool mining but when I was comparing expected rates I saw the Neoscrypt rates on here and decided I'd see if I could make that work.
2 issues I've run into.
1) I'm using KlausT's version of ccminer. When I execute, it will run for about 30 seconds, I'll show up as online in the dashboard on prohashing then it ccminer will say "accepted" yay!!! then goes to "press any key to continue" . The moment it does that, My mining ID disappears from the dashboard and it says I'm no longer mining.
2) ccminer claims that my hash rate is only about 800 kH/s but when I mine in pools my hash rate is like 20ish MH/s. I dont know why theres such a big difference.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I can get this going!