Cant Connect for long

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Lestat9

Cant Connect for long

Post by Lestat9 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 am

I had my miner down for some weeks and started it back up and I logon fine i see it connect in the dashboard view but after like 2 mins it starts beeping. This is my command line in the setting

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335
lestat9.1
n=miner1 i=s7 a=sha-256

This is with an S7 miner.

Any ideas why it disconnects so fast?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Cant Connect for long

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 am

Lestat9 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 am I had my miner down for some weeks and started it back up and I logon fine i see it connect in the dashboard view but after like 2 mins it starts beeping. This is my command line in the setting

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335
lestat9.1
n=miner1 i=s7 a=sha-256

This is with an S7 miner.

Any ideas why it disconnects so fast?
Unfortunately, this issue sounds like a hardware fault or a network failure. I successfully connected with the exact same parameters with an S7.

Have you considered whether some of the boards in your miner may have failed? This model is several years old.