What's up with Blastcoin & why do we mine it?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
psylocyber

What's up with Blastcoin & why do we mine it?

Post by psylocyber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Even tho it doesn't look like we have anyone assigned to mining Blastcoin, it seems like we find a lot of blocks. Except they are all orphaned or reversed. I mean 99%. I ve found 14 blocks in the last 3 days and every one of them is reversed. If you watch the live found blocks every blastcoin shows as orphaned within seconds of it being found. What is the value of mining a coin like this?

Is there any way to put in a c "doesn't equal" value so my miners will NOT mine that coin? Seriously, as many blocks as we are finding but they are all orphaned how does that help us?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: What's up with Blastcoin & why do we mine it?

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:51 am

Even though the live found blocks is showing all the blastcoin blocks as orphaned, I confirmed that this is a display issue and they are successfully being submitted to the network and credited to miners. You can see that in the "live coin status": if all the blocks were orphaned, then the orphan rate would be 100%, but instead the orphan rate is 1.77%. Hopefully Steve can find the cause and fix it today.