Connecting through Mining Rig Rentals

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
spixxen

Connecting through Mining Rig Rentals

Post by spixxen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello.

Might be a real easy fix but I'm just not seeing it.

I am trying to connect my L3+ machines through my MRR account but get errors of duplicate named workers.

How do I fix the worker name duplication when they all have the same MRR url?

Thanks ! :D
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Connecting through Mining Rig Rentals

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Mining Rig Rentals probably authenticates multiple miners through the same connection. The stratum protocol allows multiple miners to connect as one, but as you'll see below, that design is flawed and causes problems.

If there is only one place to enter password arguments at Mining Rig Rentals, then what is probably happening is that the service is making one connection, authenticating multiple miners in that connection, and then providing the same password arguments for all of them, including the "n=" worker name password argument. You should submit a support ticket to them to figure out how to enter a distinct name for all miners authenticating through this one connection. Alternatively, you might ask them to make one connection per miner so that the miners can be better assigned to coins. If they aren't able to help with either request, then removing the "n=" password argument will resolve the issue, but will not allow you to specify a name for the miners.

Hope that helps!
spixxen

Re: Connecting through Mining Rig Rentals

Post by spixxen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Very much indeed. Thanks!