Z11 miner settings on Prohashing?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Longsnowsm

Z11 miner settings on Prohashing?

Post by Longsnowsm » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 am

I setup a Z11 over the weekend and have an issue with it never getting recognized on Prohashing. It shows up in the list, but never figures out the hash rate. Are there specific settings that I need to use to get a Z11 working?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Z11 miner settings on Prohashing?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Longsnowsm wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 am I setup a Z11 over the weekend and have an issue with it never getting recognized on Prohashing. It shows up in the list, but never figures out the hash rate. Are there specific settings that I need to use to get a Z11 working?
We're aware of this problem, but unfortunately nobody has allowed us to connect to a Z11 to test.

Are you willing to connect to your miner to see what could be wrong by testing it on the development server? If so, we'll compensate you for any mining time lost.
Longsnowsm

Post by Longsnowsm » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Sure, I can have the support in the data center point my Z11 where ever you want. Would be glad to help.

Just let me know what connection settings we need to use and I can send them over to support. I don't have direct access to the miner unfortunately.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:17 am

Longsnowsm wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm Sure, I can have the support in the data center point my Z11 where ever you want. Would be glad to help.

Just let me know what connection settings we need to use and I can send them over to support. I don't have direct access to the miner unfortunately.
OK, great. We'll contact you tomorrow about this.

Unfortunately, not having direct access to the miner might be insufficient for testing, so we'll let you know tomorrow if we can test with your suggestion.
Longsnowsm

Post by Longsnowsm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Sounds good, any update? If this won't help you to work out the Z11 bugs since I don't have access to my miner i will just move the miner to a diff pool until you are able to get access to one for a fix. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am

Longsnowsm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:22 pm Sounds good, any update? If this won't help you to work out the Z11 bugs since I don't have access to my miner i will just move the miner to a diff pool until you are able to get access to one for a fix. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks!
Unfortunately, there were a lot of tickets yesterday and we haven't had the opportunity to get around to this issue. I think that tomorrow will be a good time for me to look into the problem. If it's OK with you, I'll contact you sometime after 6:30am EDT and provide information to help you connect.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 am

Longsnowsm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:22 pm Sounds good, any update? If this won't help you to work out the Z11 bugs since I don't have access to my miner i will just move the miner to a diff pool until you are able to get access to one for a fix. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks!
OK, if you're ready to work on this today, I'll be glad to do some testing this afternoon, perhaps around 3pm EDT. Please submit a support ticket so we can exchange information.
Longsnowsm

Post by Longsnowsm » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi Steve, Sorry I have been away. I can point that miner at Prohashing when you are ready. Let me know what pool settings I need to change. Thanks.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Longsnowsm wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:05 pm Hi Steve, Sorry I have been away. I can point that miner at Prohashing when you are ready. Let me know what pool settings I need to change. Thanks.
You can try now. With the help of another customer, I was able to determine that the problem was caused by the initial variable difficulty being too low. I changed it to be 4096, instead of 32.

Does it work great for you now?
Longsnowsm

Post by Longsnowsm » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am

It is working now, thanks Steve.