Any Advice on Antminer L3+

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ryancryptocurrency

Any Advice on Antminer L3+

Post by Ryancryptocurrency » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Hey all! I'm new here, please be gentle :)

I bought an Antminer L3+ many months ago but I've never had the time/opportunity to open it and I regret it very much, it's currently 20Dec2018 and I'm not sure if it's even worth it to use a single antminer L3+ so late now in the game. What are your thoughts? Should I just try selling it or is it still worth it to open it and learn/mine litecoins with it?

The current average price in electricity in my location is around 10cents/kwh (ranges between 6cents/kwh to 12cents/kwh depending on time of day)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, the reason why I haven't opened the box is because it seems pretty intimidating, i'm a complete noob and I'm not sure where to start exactly. I'd would like to know if it's worth the trouble or if I'm better off trying to sell it to get back even 25% of what I paid for it :(

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Regards,
Ryan
Muleslayer

Re: Any Advice on Antminer L3+

Post by Muleslayer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:42 pm

why not run it and consider money spent as paying for an education?
I started in May of 18. I kinda sorta can make things work! lol!
go for it! I am running 3 L3+ make around $5.00 a day.
ajs

Post by ajs » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 pm

An L3+ is not currently profitable at these low prices, even though the difficulty has come down as people have turned off their mining machines.

What does that mean? It means it will cost more in electricity than the CURRENT price of the crytocurrency it can mine. So if you want to spend money on crypto it is better to buy it straight than mine it with an L3+.

However, if you want to learn (if you expect crypto to come back up) to mine, then the coins you mine (might some day) be worth more than the electricity you put in (but not as much as the coins you could have bought for the same price). Or if you want to heat your home with the L3+ and delude yourself into thinking the electricity is free for mining, and you only pay for it to heat your house, then it is worth turning on.

Personally, I would turn it on. Learn. Have some fun. Don't think of it as electricity spent on coins, but electricity spent on education, and free coins. That is not true of course. But if you believe that crypto will have another bubble, then learning to mine now will pay off later. Or at least you will have some fun learning about mining.

Also, the L3+ is very easy to set up and use. Don't be afraid of it. People here can help.
Ryancryptocurrency

Post by Ryancryptocurrency » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 pm

"Or if you want to heat your home with the L3+ and delude yourself into thinking the electricity is free for mining, and you only pay for it to heat your house, then it is worth turning on." :lol: :lol: :lol:

That made my day Lol, thanks for the feedback guys. Any recommendations for a truly beginners guide to Antminer L3+?
Muleslayer

Post by Muleslayer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:11 am

READ!
lol!
did a lot of you tube to begin with.
300 posts maybe 2 (in retrospect) that knew what they were talking about.
info overload!