stratum servers off and on?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MistyWaters

stratum servers off and on?

Post by MistyWaters » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 am

past few hours seems stratum servers been off and on.

didnt see any news on forum, moving hash power until some sort of update on what the issue is.

woke up this morning to see a few of my s9's just stuck idling at 0 TH connected to prohashing.... ugh
olkah

Re: stratum servers off and on?

Post by olkah » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 am

Pool hardly works
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 am

Yeah, woke up to notifications on my backup pool saying miner offline etc so I knew some shit happened with the servers overnight.

Somehow all the switching of servers caused two of my S9s to just stay on at idle, hashing nothing but connected to Prohashing. Was like this for serveral hours.

They put a debt on my account for sending too much ethereum, wondering if they will credit miners for the server downtime ;)
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Doubtful. You are responsible for setting your own backup pool. If you weren't doing work on their pool they can't credit you. Is what we have been told in the past when this happens. Otherwise last night I had 1 TH of scrypt pointed here that didn't get credited and I want my money also.

See, without any proof you cant be credited, or we would all say we pointed 1TH here last night and didnt connect in.
This has happened in the past, the failover doesnt kick miners and the pool basically keeps them as hostages, doing no work and not allowing them to work anywhere else.

This is another factor you have to figure in along with lower payout percentages compared to some other places for the ability to get paid out in some other coin. I prefer larger payout percents and Ill just swap my own coins on an exchange, setup a maker-taker trade and not pay any fees to do it. Its another manual step, but 10-15% profits is still profits.
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 pm

I see Ziggy. Yes, I have backup pools set on all the miners of course, as you stated a few of my miners were held 'hostage' until I did a manual reboot.

In terms of your 10-15% profits, when we switched over to f2pool for a few days they were roughly the exact same payout as we got with PH.. with the event that happened this morning with the failovers, will check to see the 24hour we get from them versus PH the the previous days.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:26 pm

This issue has been resolved. It was a problem with the Bitcoin Unlimited Cash client that Chris is investigating. The system is back online mining other coins now that we've gotten to a computer, and he'll post more information overnight.