Why does Globalcoin keep dropping?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Paradox3713

Why does Globalcoin keep dropping?

Post by Paradox3713 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:31 pm

I have two L3+ rigs that when mining Globalcoin, initially start off just fine, but after 1-2 minutes, are told that the channel is dead and shut down the two backup channels as well. What is the deal with that?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Why does Globalcoin keep dropping?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Paradox3713 wrote:I have two L3+ rigs that when mining Globalcoin, initially start off just fine, but after 1-2 minutes, are told that the channel is dead and shut down the two backup channels as well. What is the deal with that?
Could you post what the error message you're receiving is when you're trying to authenticate? What is the text returned from the mining.authorize() function? It will state something like "authorization was refused because you are directing too much hashrate to this easy coin" or "the coin's name is spelled incorrectly."
Paradox3713

Post by Paradox3713 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Paradox3713 wrote:I have two L3+ rigs that when mining Globalcoin, initially start off just fine, but after 1-2 minutes, are told that the channel is dead and shut down the two backup channels as well. What is the deal with that?
Could you post what the error message you're receiving is when you're trying to authenticate? What is the text returned from the mining.authorize() function? It will state something like "authorization was refused because you are directing too much hashrate to this easy coin" or "the coin's name is spelled incorrectly."
Ahhh, gotcha it must be the hashrate then. I don't get an error, and the right coin starts up but the links just shutdown and stay down. I know what error you are referring to, but in this case I don't get the error message and it doesn't default to a higher difficulty rate. Will work on it when I get back home. Thanks!
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm