Ehash/claymore rig setup

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
keksik

Re: Ehash/claymore rig setup

Post by keksik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:21 am

rom my side all seems to be working fine, except my hashrate is not consistent. i have 1,1Ghs and it drops in chart sometimes to 500mhs. except that i left all rigs for auto mining auto switching and from this point of view it is working without issue for more than 24hours+
grinbuck

Post by grinbuck » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:42 am

Code: Select all

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -esm 3 -ewal grinbuck -allpools 1 epsw "n=grinbuckEth"
The above has been working for me for the last 24hrs. I tried to put the "w" and "p" parameters to monitor electricity usage into the password field but then it won't authenticate anymore.

Hashrate seems to be off significantly.

I’ve connected a ~132Mh/s rig and it never shows more than 105 MH/s. 24hr average also seems about that much. From what I can see the miner is spending more than 1/4th of its time setting new DAG epochs as the coins are changed. Maybe the hashrate will be better if coins are not switched so frequently.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Seems to be working a bit better today but I got disconnected after 45 minutes then like 25 minutes. I mine static coins since I have some 2gb cards so I gotta pick coins with Dags under 2gbs. The c= static coin settings works fine but its like I get randomly disconnected for whatever reason. Possibly something to do with the miner or something on prohashings end. Happened with claymore too using known working settings(as typed on here). Currently using EThminer. Trying stratum2+tcp variant now to see if I get disconnected or what happens.

EDIT: Yeah i just keep getting randomly disconnected. Wonder if its cause I have so little hash power and dont submit enough shares frequently that I get disconnected from stratum/server. I know on other miners if the difficulty is high and you cant submit enough shares frequently YOU WILL be disconnected from the server. Wondering if thats whats happening to me considering im only using a cheap rig 40-55MH only.

Anyone know how to add a fall back or reconnect option in ethminer 0.1.6.0 or higher? I know the recent versions of ethminer switched its syntax for bat files and im not sure how to do it on there.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:55 am

PolakCrypto wrote:I got disconnected after 45 minutes then like 25 minutes. I mine static coins since I have some 2gb cards so I gotta pick coins with Dags under 2gbs. The c= static coin settings works fine but its like I get randomly disconnected for whatever reason.
Could be any number of reasons.

1. If the coin you specify goes into error mode, you are kicked off.
2. as a static miner, if there is enough interest from solo miners and autopool miners that it saturates the coin's profits, you are kicked off.

I do not think having an autopool mining setting will work as a backup for once you get kicked off the static c= password setting mining.
I don't think the pool kicks you as much as bans you for 5 mins or so? so having a backup pool for a 2nd coin to mine when the first goes down or kicks you off I don't think even helps. If you want to stay connected all the time, use the autopool so it picks the coins.

Good Luck!
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:47 pm

1. Yeah some coins were taken off for the time being like Ubiq.

I found out using claymore I had to set a Jobtimeout higher, I actually timed out at like 10 minutes, so I put it to 30minutes. ETHminer times out after I think 2-3 minutes which is way too short..not sure how to change it higher on ethminer. Which is only part of the problem as I watched it time out on ethminer. ethminer doesnt have the dev fee but claymore has the dev fee.

Not sure on ETHminer if you need to run stratum2+tcp option or what the optimized bat setup is for ethminer to work on prohashing...could be why im getting kicked off IDK...also I have alot of rejects/stale shares on ethminer, whilst on claymore i have ZERO
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:48 am

PolakCrypto wrote:1. Yeah some coins were taken off for the time being like Ubiq.

I found out using claymore I had to set a Jobtimeout higher, I actually timed out at like 10 minutes, so I put it to 30minutes. ETHminer times out after I think 2-3 minutes which is way too short..not sure how to change it higher on ethminer. Which is only part of the problem as I watched it time out on ethminer. ethminer doesnt have the dev fee but claymore has the dev fee.

Not sure on ETHminer if you need to run stratum2+tcp option or what the optimized bat setup is for ethminer to work on prohashing...could be why im getting kicked off IDK...also I have alot of rejects/stale shares on ethminer, whilst on claymore i have ZERO
Chris has begun the upgrade process. There are seven servers to be upgraded, and he already upgraded two of them. During the time each of the two coin servers was upgraded, the coins on those servers were offline. Chris expects to continue upgrading the remaining coin servers one by one before taking the database server offline for the system downtime later today.

After three days of research, Vance also resolved the issue with ETH getting out of sync, which should improve performance and profitability. The cause of the issue was that the system's clock was incorrect. Apparently, ETH peers reject nodes where the system clock is too far away from some average value.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
PolakCrypto wrote:1. Yeah some coins were taken off for the time being like Ubiq.

Chris has begun the upgrade process. There are seven servers to be upgraded, and he already upgraded two of them. During the time each of the two coin servers was upgraded, the coins on those servers were offline. Chris expects to continue upgrading the remaining coin servers one by one before taking the database server offline for the system downtime later today.

After three days of research, Vance also resolved the issue with ETH getting out of sync, which should improve performance and profitability. The cause of the issue was that the system's clock was incorrect. Apparently, ETH peers reject nodes where the system clock is too far away from some average value.
Yup just noticed this on ETH as one coin went down, so I switched to another for the time being with the upgrades being done.