Cryptonight algo

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
alim

Cryptonight algo

Post by alim » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 am

Hi, You mentioned you might bring in Cryptonight as an algo we can mine here.

I have a coin I mine which I would like to support through solo mining, but I can't seem to get it hooked up locally.

Any chance to start this here?

Ali M
alim

Re: Cryptonight algo

Post by alim » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Steve has very kindly come back to confirm that the timeline for this is around Thanksgiving 2018.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:51 pm

alim wrote:Steve has very kindly come back to confirm that the timeline for this is around Thanksgiving 2018.
With Vance helping now, I think that we may be able to get this done earlier.
Splinter

Post by Splinter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 am

Great! :D As soon as possible I'll bring my cryptonight miners here
olkah

Post by olkah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:28 am

Steve Sokolowski please add CRYPTONOTE algorithm to the pool !!!
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Guess ill bump this so we can talk about rig setups and Configs here.

Cryptodredge 0.9.4 works but I dont like its erradic power use on my rigs..plus it splits my mix of cards some cards have higher hash, then others have lower hash compared to XMRstak.

So im using XMRstak, was working fine but i keep getting socket error, parse error, protocol error 5 after a given time of mining. Happens after a couple minutes sometimes or after 10.

HMM is it because i dont have stratum+tcp:// type format in front of my prohashing.com:3341 in my pools file? Could be lets test.

EDIT: nope i guess XMRstak isnt made for prohashing yet.

EDIT:2 Guess im gonna have to run on cryptodredge and just fine tune. Have to drop TDP% or power levels lower then what I use on other Cnight miners and it balances out the power usage (im referring to the graph in MSI afterburner). but its still a bit spikey.
spauk

Post by spauk » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:35 pm

So far i've only used cryptodredge 0.9.5 on my gtx 960 2 gb. -a cnv8 -i 4 are the only two command line options i use, anything higher than intensity 4 seems to drop performance. The default intensity of 6 for cryptonightv8 mining with cryptodredge is too high for my system. I get about 365 h/s out of two of these cards with core clock overclocked to get them up to 1428MHz and fan speeds set to 80%, i use EVGA precision XOC for the overclocking, fan speed setting, and since i use EVGA cards i'm trying the KBoost setting. They are staying cool at 34-44C and i think the power usage is pretty low at about 52-53 watts each. to me it seems like the cards are under-utilized by cryptodredge, but i don't know a whole lot about cryptonightv8.
i was seeing a lot of rejected shares over the past couple days for incorrect algorithm, but it seems a lot better right now. it was about 4 incorrect algorithm out of 100 shares, sometimes it'd get stuck and spit out a bunch of them. i woke up to about 50% rejects overnight. today i restarted it and i haven't seen any incorrect algorithm shares yet, only 2 stale out of 100 shares.
i've also been trying to use --algo=monero with ccminer 2.3 but it's not working for me because it says the gpu result does not validate on cpu.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

cryptodredge is weird for cryptonight mining in general..like the hash output is legit faster on most of my cards depending on the algo....but then the power use is spikey but then ON AVERAGE uses less power on nvidia cards than XMR-stak. But as mentioned the power usage % is sort of wild and spiky, whilst xmr-stak its more behaved.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 pm

CNv8 is having problems in general regardless of miner used, there is a pool issue
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Dredge was more geared towards NVIDIA CUDA cards, which is what I have.
My GPU usage(not GPU power levels) on my PC are maxed at 100% according to task manager details.
Guessing I would need more onboard mem on the video card to push it up more, as the 32 gigs of DDR4 isn't being touched. I had thought with CN8 being memory intensive it would use all the board memory I had, but seems to be limited by the GPU memory.