Cryptonight algo

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
spauk

Re: Cryptonight algo

Post by spauk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 am

I've started using xmr stak 2.5.2 on my cpus, and cryptodredge 0.9.5 cuda 9.1 on the gpus. i noticed if i just run one instance of cryptodredge and no xmr stak it goes longer without incorrect algorithm rejects, but if xmr stak and cryptodredge are running at the same time (even on seperate computers) then all but one of the miners start to get all results rejected for incorrect algorithm and need to be restarted to have shares accepted again.
edit: seems like even two seperate instances of cryptodredge causes one to get incorrect algorithm rejected shares, so multiple miners of any type seem to not play nice together
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:22 am

So if you just run 1 dredge it runs fine forever?

If you start computer A and then computer B is it the same computer that goofs up each time when you are running 2?
Does it switch back and forth?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 am

if thats the case, it confirms its not the miners fault. computer a and computer b are not communicating with one another, the common denominator is the pool.

still cant turn off my rig, just burning money for the weekend.. lol
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 pm

spauk wrote:I've started using xmr stak 2.5.2 on my cpus, and cryptodredge 0.9.5 cuda 9.1 on the gpus. i noticed if i just run one instance of cryptodredge and no xmr stak it goes longer without incorrect algorithm rejects, but if xmr stak and cryptodredge are running at the same time (even on seperate computers) then all but one of the miners start to get all results rejected for incorrect algorithm and need to be restarted to have shares accepted again.
edit: seems like even two seperate instances of cryptodredge causes one to get incorrect algorithm rejected shares, so multiple miners of any type seem to not play nice together
I have that happen with XMR-Stak after some time ill start getting ALOT of rejected shares..then If i restart my miner by closing it out and reloading it seemingly fixes it. Then sometimes ill get a bunch of rejects, quit mining, then restart and i start getting alot of rejects again. It seemingly comes and goes Prohashing team must be working on it/testing things out behind the scenes.

Just been using claymores monitoring app for XMR-stak and checking it every so often to catch it when it goes into that reject phase and I can act upon it instead of forgetting about it for a few hours than have a blow out of 60-70% rejected share rate.
spauk

Post by spauk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:34 pm

xmr stak and cryptodredge seem to be working better together today, no more incorrect algo, yay! thanks for fixing it
while i could only connect one miner at a time reliably i noticed could use more core overclock and less memory clock so +180 MHz and -501 MHz and just leave fans at 100% getting the hashrate from two gtx 960 up to 388 H/s (194 h/s each) and because it's cryptonight v8 the power usage seemed the same at around 52 W, the reduced memory clock only seems to save a watt or two at the cost of less than 5 h/s. maybe i don't need the fans so high with temps so low but i think it helps get the last few degress for those last few extra hash/s.
gtx 750 is a lot more power efficient, it gets 9.68 hash per watt compared to the gtx 960 at 3.74 hash per watt. i got 83 h/s out of an evga gtx 750 1GB. it seemed to have the same hashrate in cryptodredge no matter the intensity, so i set it to intensity 0. the gtx 750 only uses about 8.6 watts, i haven't found an easy way to overclock it, but at 9.68 hash per watt it's pretty good the way it is.
anyways, maybe no one cares about my old graphics cards. i'd be interested to see what a gtx 1050 can do if anyone has one for benchmark details.
alim

Post by alim » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 am

Hey Steve, just checking in when CN version 0 will be supported. There is at least 8 GH out there mining. Most of it was focused upon ETN ahead of the ENTX / ENTXP forks. The big farms are looking for new targets so I think the smaller ones would be keen to find a place where they could maximise earnings.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:17 am

How many CN-0 coins are there out there? With profit that makes them worth mining?

How many of them are also planning to fork to a diff algo to keep it decentralized and out of ASIC control?

Would be a waste of resources to work to put in CN-0 just to find out in 2 months all the coins are jumping ship or not worth it to bother to mine.
Rather see that time spent adding more coins and exchanges that have coins we can mine as it is so profits can increase for those that are here already mining.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 am

alim wrote:Hey Steve, just checking in when CN version 0 will be supported. There is at least 8 GH out there mining. Most of it was focused upon ETN ahead of the ENTX / ENTXP forks. The big farms are looking for new targets so I think the smaller ones would be keen to find a place where they could maximise earnings.
We already have support for this algorithm - it was tested and released. We just don't have enough manpower at present to research and install the coins for it. The provided lists on the forums are very long.

We hope to get around to doing that in December, after the Thanksgiving holiday and the planned server maintenance has been completed.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alim wrote:Hey Steve, just checking in when CN version 0 will be supported. There is at least 8 GH out there mining. Most of it was focused upon ETN ahead of the ENTX / ENTXP forks. The big farms are looking for new targets so I think the smaller ones would be keen to find a place where they could maximise earnings.
We already have support for this algorithm - it was tested and released. We just don't have enough manpower at present to research and install the coins for it. The provided lists on the forums are very long.

We hope to get around to doing that in December, after the Thanksgiving holiday and the planned server maintenance has been completed.
I'm not sure if you know about this already but, if you need to research CN coins, this site is a very good starting point. It lists all CN variants, coins, pools and exchanges. https://www.cryptunit.com/algos
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 am

hobospices wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

I'm not sure if you know about this already but, if you need to research CN coins, this site is a very good starting point. It lists all CN variants, coins, pools and exchanges. https://www.cryptunit.com/algos
Thanks - we're already aware of it. It's just a matter of time to get the task completed.