Equihash minimum difficulty

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
djliss

Equihash minimum difficulty

Post by djliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:18 am

I run several low powered GPU's of about 20sol/s and i used to use a difficulty of 512 for them, this no longer works and defaults to 8192 dynamic, these miners will spend hours before a share is submitted if ever because of the high difficulty for these miners.

What is the current minimum difficulty for equihash and can it be changed back to 512 (or even lower as this still is a little struggle for the miners).
PolakCrypto

Re: Equihash minimum difficulty

Post by PolakCrypto » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm

I was actually wondering this myself since I input values in the pass field for d= and it acted like it wasn't taking it.

From your post I tried 8192 and Im getting better shares/more regular. On DSTMs equihash miner 8192 diff shows 0.99. Before settings and leaving at the vardiff itd go to 0.99 starting to 1.99, 3.99. 6.99.

I tried 4096 and that didn't take. So im guessing as of now 8192 is the lowest.