why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
o51888

why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing?

Post by o51888 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:22 am

I'm buying power on nicehash. But why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing? Regardless of the settings, errors are always indicated. What are the errors in my settings?
I am sorry that my level of English is not good, forgive me! Looking forward to answers, very grateful.

Can't seem to upload pictures. The following is the error message of nicehash.

Notice: Pool verificator may not be 100% accurate and may report pool being compatible while in fact it is not compatible or vice versa. Always discuss with pool operator if you encounter any issues with the pool verificator.

Pool host: prohashing.com
Pool port: 3333
Pool user: o51888
Pool pass: a=equihash d=4096
Algorithm: Equihash

Resolving pool host prohashing.com... OK
Establishing connection with proxy... OK
Establishing connection with pool 50.225.198.65:3333... OK
Sending mining.subscribe... OK
Sending mining.authorize... OK
Error: Result array size not 2.
Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them following link: https://www.nicehash.com/help/which-min ... -supported. Thank you!

Close

I removed the d=4096 in the setting, which is also an error.Error: Result array size not 2.

Notice: Pool verificator may not be 100% accurate and may report pool being compatible while in fact it is not compatible or vice versa. Always discuss with pool operator if you encounter any issues with the pool verificator.

Pool pass: a=equihash

Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them following link: https://www.nicehash.com/help/which-min ... -supported. Thank you!

Close
CSZiggy

Re: why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing?

Post by CSZiggy » Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
o51888

Post by o51888 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:22 pm

CSZiggy wrote:just checking, but you did rent equihash miners to mine equihash right?

Not scrypt or sha-256 miners that you tried to point over to equihash?
Thank you for your advice
I confirm that it is buying equihash miners pointing to equithash pool. However, errors are always indicated. Isn't the prohashing equithash pool not supporting the minehash miners?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 am

o51888 wrote:I'm buying power on nicehash. But why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing? Regardless of the settings, errors are always indicated. What are the errors in my settings?
I am sorry that my level of English is not good, forgive me! Looking forward to answers, very grateful.

Close

I removed the d=4096 in the setting, which is also an error.Error: Result array size not 2.

Close
Unfortunately, NiceHash does not reply to our support tickets, so we have not been able to get additional information from them about this issue. One customer did ask them about a different issue and received a rude response, so we're not going to get any help from them.

However, you might want to try the new algorithm-specific ports feature that we added. Try connecting to port 3336 for Equihash, and omitting the "a=" password argument. Their problem may be that they see the "set_difficulty" command that is issued before authorization occurs, and assume that the wrong algorithm is being mined. In reality, all they would have to do is to ignore that command and wait for the set_target command to be sent later.

On port 3336, since we know the algorithm is Equihash at connect time, we don't need to send set_difficulty as the other algorithms require.
o51888

Post by o51888 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
o51888 wrote:I'm buying power on nicehash. But why can't I connect to the equihash pool at prohashing? Regardless of the settings, errors are always indicated. What are the errors in my settings?

Close

Close
Unfortunately, NiceHash does not reply to our support tickets, so we have not been able to get additional information from them about this issue. One customer did ask them about a different issue and received a rude response, so we're not going to get any help from them.

However, you might want to try the new algorithm-specific ports feature that we added. Try connecting to port 3336 for Equihash, and omitting the "a=" password argument. Their problem may be that they see the "set_difficulty" command that is issued before authorization occurs, and assume that the wrong algorithm is being mined. In reality, all they would have to do is to ignore that command and wait for the set_target command to be sent later.

On port 3336, since we know the algorithm is Equihash at connect time, we don't need to send set_difficulty as the other algorithms require.

According to what you said, it's useless. It's still connected incorrectly. The error code is exactly the same.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 am

o51888 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Close

Close

According to what you said, it's useless. It's still connected incorrectly. The error code is exactly the same.
Unfortunately, the only suggestion I can make here is to submit a support ticket to them, and to ask them what it means when they say that mining.authorize must return a size of 2. I suspect that they will not respond, as they have not to their other customers.

The official stratum protocol documentation, listed at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Stratum_mining_protocol, clearly states that mining.authorize returns either True or False, not two arguments. I really want to figure this issue out, but if they aren't willing to provide more information about what they're looking for, there's nothing more we can do.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Steve, I'm not certain that the error has to do with the mining.authorize.

When a verification is successful it shows something like the following:

Establishing connection with pool 50.225.198.65:3334... OK
Received mining.notify subscription... OK
Received mining.set_difficulty... OK: difficulty=64
Received mining.notify work... OK
Received authorization result... OK

As such the error seems to be related to the mining.notify subscription line. The mining.authorize result is much later in the series of outputs. Perhaps that is helpful?