Disparity in Hash Rate between 2 L3+ miners

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
starcat

Disparity in Hash Rate between 2 L3+ miners

Post by starcat » Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am

I have 2 L3+ machines that have always run pretty much the same in terms of how they perform.
The 2 Live worker status windows at top left of the Earnings page will now show the top rig at a noticably lower hash rate than the one below.
This with all other matters being the same on the l3+ System config, and even tried with the top one overclocked.
So as an example on the Antminer Login status page I'll show the top unit now at 508 MH/s average and the bottom one at 500 MH/s average, the hash rate as shown on Prohashing live worker status on the top rig will be noticably lower whether left at stock speed of 384 or slightly overclocked. That is the rig actually hashing faster in this case will show up slower on the network, and if put back at stock setting, even slower even thought both antminers would show 500 MS/s in their own status readout.
What is this about?
CSZiggy

Re: Disparity in Hash Rate between 2 L3+ miners

Post by CSZiggy » Fri May 25, 2018 2:09 pm

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike0204

Re: Disparity in Hash Rate between 2 L3+ miners

Post by mike0204 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Ziggy,

I'm a newbie on the site too and had a couple of follow up questions on L3 hashrates.

1. When I use litecoinpool for mining, my hashrate as shown on their site was about 1/2% less than what the Antiminer said that I was generating. On prohashing, the site hashrate is typically about 3% less. Is that normal or are there adjustments that I should be making? I have tried changing the difficulty, but in an hour or so, it always ends up in the same general hashrate range.

2. Similarly, my impression has been that attempting to maximize the WU's was more important than maximizing the hashrate as shown on my end. Is that true?

Thanks,

Mike