ProHashing looking better!!

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
holygoof

Re: ProHashing looking better!!

Post by holygoof » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:39 pm

I am happy to report that I am seeing 100% efficiency more often than not. I am curious, is there the opportunity to download data regarding
how the well connected the miners are and their estimated speeds? If not, perhaps that would be good and useful, but definitely something to consider once exchanges are added, coins, new algos, and 99% of bigger bugs are taken care of :)
I ll check payments in a few days for the comparison between here and litecoinpool.
If there is some data I could get or grab to help you Steve, and Chris. Let me know
Tom
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I think if you use c= setting on prohashing and stick to a static coin to mine the eff would be higher on prohashing also.

I think the efficency being down is from coin switching, working on a hash, that hash got solved, time to jump to a new coin, wait 1 sec, during which time the efficency drops during that time, the more swaps the more efficnecy drops down.

You have to balance extra profit, vs time lost swapping and efficency dropped.
Then you have to figure in when coins are sold they sell for under value and when they buy your coins to pay you, they pay over market value.
So swapping from mining 1 coin to getting paid out in another coin basically you get taxed both ways. The extra you lose from selling lower, and the extra you lose from buying higher, then when you actually sell the coins there might be REAL taxes you have to pay on top of that.
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:51 pm

CSZiggy wrote:I think if you use c= setting on prohashing and stick to a static coin to mine the eff would be higher on prohashing also.

I think the efficency being down is from coin switching, working on a hash, that hash got solved, time to jump to a new coin, wait 1 sec, during which time the efficency drops during that time, the more swaps the more efficnecy drops down.

You have to balance extra profit, vs time lost swapping and efficency dropped.
Then you have to figure in when coins are sold they sell for under value and when they buy your coins to pay you, they pay over market value.
So swapping from mining 1 coin to getting paid out in another coin basically you get taxed both ways. The extra you lose from selling lower, and the extra you lose from buying higher, then when you actually sell the coins there might be REAL taxes you have to pay on top of that.
i dunno, this doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

i thought the whole premise of Prohashing was to maximize profitability by mining the most advantageous coin, atm. the explanation that if you want to get better profits in LTC you must only mine LTC is not a very reasonable explanation based upon the pools premise.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Howdy

Am updating so I do not forget.
So, first day, I did .33343387 LTC here on Prohashing. On litecoinpool, I did just over .35.
So I made 4% more LTC there.
Next day however, we had an increase in difficulty.
So on litecoinpool I made .338147 for last 24 hours,
however my payment from here was .34938123,
and so I made 3% more here.
I m gonna apologize in advance, only because litecoin pays to me anyway, 4 times a day, whereas here it is once every 24 hours.
And again this is only so I don't forget what the last 24 hours did on litecoin, because if you add up your payments, you get more than what I am saying here.
I think you're right about stale shares and coin switching Foxx, and thank you for the suggestion on mitigating it.
Gonna keep running the L3s here a bit, am hoping and thinking that as they add exchanges, and address "the low luck miner issue" among other issues that we will consistently get a few % points more here. It is a big deal, cause right now I am interested in LTC as payment. Keep the good work guys.
Tom
My S9s and I think my 2 GPUs are doing better here.
I am biased a tad on the GPUs however, as this is obviously where Prohashing really shines, I got them paying me other coins wihout having to join their pools.