ProHashing looking better!!

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BalloonTree

ProHashing looking better!!

Post by BalloonTree » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:29 am

It's been a long time! Prohashing is looking better!!

Great work!!
CSZiggy

Re: ProHashing looking better!!

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Looks better but still paying out the same.

Checked the pool last sunday after upgrade and this sunday, and litecoinpool was still paying 10% higher for daily LTC payout.
I really hope Vance is able to add more profitability or find a way to purchase LTC cheaper, but as it is now, the mining of coins only slightly higher than LTC and then sell-buy LTC is not giving as much of a payout/profit as the straight percent per hash payout I can still get from litecoinpool and gain 10% more coins per day.

I'll give it another 2 more weeks and check again over a weekend if its gotten any better/closer.
I do like the website, hope its viable for others, but bottom line is I can't be letting 10% of my daily profits sit on the floor or be claimed by someone else when I could be getting more.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Looks better but still paying out the same.

Checked the pool last sunday after upgrade and this sunday, and litecoinpool was still paying 10% higher for daily LTC payout.
I really hope Vance is able to add more profitability or find a way to purchase LTC cheaper, but as it is now, the mining of coins only slightly higher than LTC and then sell-buy LTC is not giving as much of a payout/profit as the straight percent per hash payout I can still get from litecoinpool and gain 10% more coins per day.

I'll give it another 2 more weeks and check again over a weekend if its gotten any better/closer.
I do like the website, hope its viable for others, but bottom line is I can't be letting 10% of my daily profits sit on the floor or be claimed by someone else when I could be getting more.
I still can't reproduce this issue, and I know that the average miner doesn't have the problem. The "1MH/s expected payouts" chart is computed by simply taking the total earnings owed to miners for the day and dividing it by how much mining was done. As you can see, the pool is paying out about 10% more than litecoins. Because the math is earnings / miners, we know definitively that more money than straight LTC is being paid out to someone.

The only way that what you're seeing could possibly be true on a wide scale is if an equal number of people are earning +30%, therefore averaging out the difference to +10%, or if 20% of all the money we earn is being stolen or disappearing somehow. That seems like a far-fetched scenario, and it's why I think we should investigate what's different about your setup so that we can get to the bottom of this issue.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Hey guys
I, too, have experienced this same problem with LTC being my payout coin, I've chalked it up pre fiber connections however.
Ill point my 18 L3s here soon for a couple days and see.
I know connection from my end is fine only because I am always at or above in the calc for 10.2 GH on litecoinpool payouts.
Been real happy with Equihash, and so far so good for SHA-256, I am definitely seeing 4% or better on the SHA.
Good work Steve and Chris, I think too when you guys add all these exchanges it will consistently put over the top, or perhaps average higher always over periods of days rather 1 day. Luck sometimes isn't a lady :)
Sometimes I saw 103% for the day on slushpool when I had my S9s there.
Tom
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Steve, I wasn't talking about straight lite coin mining on THIS pool.
I was comparing autopool mining on THIS pool vs. straight litecoin mining on Litecoinpool.org.
I'm sure your figures for what you pay and how much hash the pool has is correct, and the 1 MH expected generated from that is the correct numbers.

And I'd love to have my miner over here on your pool working making you and I profits, but I can gain 10% more at litecoinpool, so the profits need to come up here 11% before its worth my while to switch is all. The selling/buying prices vs splitting of found coins that aren't needed to be bought at a higher price makes the other pool still more profitable.

TOM, I would suggest if you have 18 machines run 9 on each site for 2-3 days and then report how many coins you got paid out at each place, maybe then Steve will have some more useful data to investigate.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Good point CS, sometimes I don't see the forest for the trees hah
Tom
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:48 am

The reason I say to run them 2-3 days, PH payouts at midnight new york USA timezone, and litecoinpool is 6 hours later for their end of the day.
If you start at midnight will take a 30-hour run before you get a 1 day total from both sites to start to compare.

Otherwise the values you are comparing might be off 6 hours depending how you get the data.
Just be aware and record data as you see it.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 am

Quite right CS, and thank you for reminding me. I pointed 9 of my L3s here, and here they will stay for a bit at least maybe until difficulty change 4 or 5 days from now :)
Tom
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:18 pm

update for first few hours, and I won't being doing that every 3 hours.
On litecoinpool, I show a 99.6% share efficiency, and maybe Steve or Chris knows, but so far I am showing 98.17 on prohashing. Oddly enough, its been nothing but 100% for my GPUs, and S9s. Perhaps when they are connecting in the beginning and getting situated some shares become stale or get duplicated?
All miners I have come from same location with the exception of 1 GPU ( at my house). I ll update again in a few days perhaps.
Tom
alexis97

Post by alexis97 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

on litecoinpoo I get only litecoin and I get 5-7% more, per day (0.053- 54 ltc) than on multipul prohash (0.05 -51 ltc)