Solo Mining Unable To Connect

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
David2376

Solo Mining Unable To Connect

Post by David2376 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 pm

I have not been able to solo mine for awhile now. I noticed last week that all of my L3s disconnected from Prohashing. I figured this was something to do with the upgrades to their internet. I switched to a different pool and tried to re-connect to Prohashing at least once a day.

Pool mining works just fine, my miners are configured as they have always been. I have tried several different coins and the status is always dead on my L3+.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
David2376

Re: Solo Mining Unable To Connect

Post by David2376 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Actually it appears that I cannot connect to pool mining either. So not sure what the problem is. All of my miners are having the same issue. I did try the proxy server…. I am able to pool mine on the proxy but not solo mine.

I do not think it is an issue with my ISP blocking port 3333. I am able to connect to Litecoin Pool on port 3333 without any issues.
spauk

Post by spauk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am

make sure the coin you're trying to solo mine has no daemon or exchange errors when you look it up on the charts page. otherwise it should work fine
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 am

Try it without a coin.
Omit the c= part of the password, let the miner try autopool and see if it can connect. Might be an issue with static mining.

Try a coin closer to the bottom without a red rectangle as a test, see if a easy lower value coin works in solo.
If you are always trying to snipe the top coin, understand with 20 other users doing that now, the coins dry up almost instantly or go into error shortly after the 20 snipers jump on it, and even though it was said they have fixed it, I still think there is some 18K worker limit in place, as the pool still hasnt seemed to jump much over 18K and stay there more than 30 secs. So maybe once that gets fixed better then more can connect in and solo mining be less of an issue.
alim

Post by alim » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:39 am

I have the same issue. Specifying any coin at all is rejected.

I have not yet tested solo mining since the upgrade, so I'm hoping that still works.
David2376

Post by David2376 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Today everything seems to be back to normal. Not sure what the issue was but sometime in the last 8 hours all of my Antminers reconnected to the server and are solo mining again!

For the last several months I have been mining the same coins; there are a handful of alt coins that I prefer to solo mine. I never snipe or go for the top coin listed. For solo mining, I have found that the charts do little to no good. It's all about block time, reward, and the coin itself. 9 times out of 10 a quality coin with a decent reward/block time will earn me more than pool mining.
alim

Post by alim » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 am

@David2376 - I've worked that theory out on paper too. I'm still trying to change my mind set from Holding all coins to trading off to ensure enough day to day income for expenses.

It is one of the reasons you will see me recommend solo mining through Prohashing as the profits from merged mine coins get credited.

Are there any coins you recommend over others?

AliM
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:04 pm

David2376 wrote: 9 times out of 10 a quality coin with a decent reward/block time will earn me more than pool mining.
Would be very interested in the data you have collected that supports this.
MORE...profit? MORE...coins? You split up your miners had half solo and half pool and compared it and 9 out of 10 days solo was better?
I've not had an experience where solo has paid off more than pool mining.
Static coin mining has paid out more than the pool many times, but not soloing.

Can you provide an example of something you mined on a day and how it was more.
Thanks.