Antminer T9+

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JAMH2018

Antminer T9+

Post by JAMH2018 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am

Prohashing is recognising my T9+ as a scrypt miner im pretty sure its not :lol: :lol:
I tried setting c=Bitcoin, says its wrong algorithm. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance :arrow: :D
CSZiggy

Re: Antminer T9+

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 am

You need to add a=sha-256 to the password field line so it knows what algo to work with.
JAMH2018

Post by JAMH2018 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Many many Thanks CSZiggy - All hashing away :D :D
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Personally, I would like to see the pool expand a bit and add ports for each algo.

prohashing.com:3333 scrypt
prohashing.com:3334 X-11
prohashing.com:3335 equihash
prohashing.com:3336 sha-256

Instead of the users adding the algo to the password field that needs parsed off, just add that variable based on which port they came in on.
I think something like that would take care of a LOT of initial issues newer people have coming in getting the password algo to match their miners.

But this late in the game, are you going to ask 21,000 workers to swap to a new port number, and what about ports being blocked other than 3333.
So there are pros and cons. When it was just scrypt the 1 port and 1 proxy worked fine, I just wish as they added other algos they would have gone with increasing ports to connect in on instead of the algo being part of the password that has to match.
spauk

Post by spauk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:09 pm

i think the bigger problem is that people don't take a couple minutes to read when all the information is there