Cheap Knock-Off GPUs, any experience with them?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Re: Cheap Knock-Off GPUs, any experience with them?

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:33 pm

I guess you know all.

Sorry, I thought someone was selling a video card on Ebay.
I stated my opinion, Ebay is safe because if you do not get what you paid for, you return it, no questions asked.

Did you send the buyer a question? Did you ask for any information?
Or did you just go and makeup a whole bunch of stuff on assumption? Just asking.
If you sent the seller a question and got a reply and have more information that what is on the ebay ad, then sorry I do not have that info.

To the original poster's question...A 960 card should give you 11 MH of equihash.
If that is what you are after, maybe buy 1 and test it and see how close to 11 you come?
If its close to 11 for the cost of $70 shipped, buy anymore they still have left at that time.

Good Luck!
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:55 pm

My god you are thick.

And the "original poster" was not asking if a GTX 960 would be a good buy, he was asking if buying a fake-GTX 960 would be a good buy, and that would be a no. It would not even remotely do the stats you are stating, since it's a GTS 450.

I don't need to ask the seller if his GTX 960 is fake or not, because he LITERALLY SHOWCASES the FAKE GTX 960 as the card he is selling.

It's like talking to a wall, except, i think i'd be able to get the wall to understand simple logic and facts easier.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 pm

the question at hand was will the cards be anywhere near the required stats to mine compared to the card their supposed to be, the answer is no... no more arguing, question answered.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Sorry I didn't realize a stock photo automatically meant something was fake. That's a pretty great leap. And you made it all by yourself without ever actually investigating or asking the seller any questions or getting any information at all? AMAZING! Can I get the Lotto Numbers please.

Again, if its a knock off or not. If what you are after is 11 MH of equishash, I'd just send the Ebay seller, and ask him what equihash rates you can get out of the cards. Ask him if he might be willing to DL a miner of your choice and I'm sure im reaching here, run the benchmark?? I'm GUESSING most of them have built into them and ask him to post you the numbers so you know....KNOW.

If its enough for your needs and the price fits, I would take a chance. Again, if you find out they are NOT new, or have been altered and are not new and don't live up to your expectations, tell Ebay they were faked and illegal products and they have to take them back for a full refund.

So send the Email, find out, if it suits your needs and its good for you, take a chance, you really have nothing to lose, fake or otherwise, if they are promised and don't live up, you are free to return and are out nothing. Ebay is great for the buyer. They will crap all over a seller in favor of a buyer.
Just make sure to pay with paypal, do everything registered, if/when you have to return any, send it the way they specify (signature required confirmed whatever). If you follow all the rules the only thing you will be out will be a bit of time, but not $.
RDVD

Post by RDVD » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 am

These are FAKES I bought 2 of them last year. MEM is 1 gb and bios is moded to show fake mem and card info. The sellers know it. They will hash electronium at 70hs afterburn does not work with these to overclock as it is hard set in false bios. youtube has some vids on these and putting the original bios back on them to at least manage them. If you buy them from china it will cost as much to ship back with a tracking number as it is almost for the cards and Ebay will not make the buyer pay it up front and will not enforce them to pay shipping on the backend. THESE ARE JUNK and a SCAM.
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 am

CSZiggy It's a scam, and if you got some experience with gpu's or computer hardware you would most likely spot the scam as well, and why wouldnt you want to prevent others from buying garbage? Is it your add? Your friends? If something is for sale way to cheap, 99% its because its not real.

100% money back if your not happy gaurantee. I give about zero weight to those claims. I seen and entered agreements with promises that were never honored. I would definetly not buy something i know is scam, because i think i know the service provider will back me up. What kind of stupid ass reasoning is that for knowingly buy fakes.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm sorry, I thought the original goal was to purchase video cards to use in a mining rig from EBAY.
I have stated my position. I've never had issues with Ebay, anytime I have purchased anything that has not been as advertised I have returned it and been fully re-imbursed. If any of you have made a purchased, not gotten what you wanted, and been unable to return the item for a full refund then I am sorry to hear that

FAKE, ALTERED, doesn't matter. IF the OP wanted a video card that mines, and he CONTACTS the seller and ASKS a question and finds out some info that could help him decide if its worthwhile for them...instead of everyone just making ASSUMPTIONS. Ask people for info. If they don't reply then you have your answer. But give people the benefit of the doubt, ask and let them respond before you go and turn them into a witch without any proof and have them burned at the stake.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:51 pm

CSZiggy wrote:instead of everyone just making ASSUMPTIONS.
There's no assumptions being made, you're just unwilling to see facts that are staring you right in the face.

Facts are this:
  • The link posted here is of a fake GTX 960 that in reality is a GTS 450, and is expensive for a GTS 450
  • These cards would be fairly difficult to explain to ebay that they are not infact GTX 960s, because your System thinks that they are, including thinking they have 4GB of memory, even though they have less then 1GB
  • The best, but most complicated for most users way to show this would be to take the GPU apart and get the GPU code name and send it to ebay. Problem with this is, the selling end could say that's not what they sent you, etc.
  • The seller also has a loop hole that could prevent you from returning since they have stated they are "not original GTX 960s"
If you're having an issue understanding these facts, i don't know what to tell you. More then enough information has been posted into this thread very clearly showing these are fake. So your unwillingness to understand these facts are your problem and no one elses.

Doesn't explain why you're so willing to convince people to be scammed. But i guess with your mindset, that's not surprising.

What is surprising, unless you are this seller trying to scam people, is the fact that you continue to come back to continue arguing about your intentions to convince people to be scammed.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am

Aura89 wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:instead of everyone just making ASSUMPTIONS.
There's no assumptions being made, you're just unwilling to see facts that are staring you right in the face.
FACTS are this:
[*]The link posted here is of a fake GTX 960 that in reality is a GTS 450, and is expensive for a GTS 450

You will have to show me this. How this is a fact. You contacted the seller? You asked any questions... or have you made an ASSUMPTION? I'm an not arguing the point the card MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be a fake/modified card. But you will have to show me where that has EVER BEEN PROVEN. You have a picture and an idea, and based on that you have equated that to be a FACT. I show you a picture of a astronaut on mars, does that make it a FACT?
No matter how much you think, believe, or wish something to be TRUE, you need some PROOF. That was one of my points throughout.
You never asked, you JUMPED to a conclusion that it was fake. It might be. Is it? But do you KNOW?

Assumption-a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Have you bought a card? From that seller? and know it to be true?
NO? if not you are guessing and making an assumption.
Based on all the info you and others have provided it might be a good assumption to make.
The point is YOU DO NOT KNOW. I'm not arguing for or against the seller, ebay, the cards. I'm arguing the point of FACTS and TRUTH and how just saying something doesn't making it a truth without some proof to back it up. PROOF not belief. You stated your OPINION. I stated Mine. Somehow because mine is different than yours and I asked for confirmation of proof all of a sudden I am the bad guy in all this?

Again, if I wanted a card to mine with, I would CONTACT the seller, ask them to run me a benchmark and see if the numbers are good enough for my purposes. If so, fake, modified or otherwise I'd buy them. If I got them in and they didn't work as the email benchmark said, i'd return them all as defective for my full refund.
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm

CSZiggy based on the way you seem to decide on ur gpu's, you dont seem to grasp the more basic knowledge to conclude on what your looking at buying. That is fine, but stop arguing with all of us on this issue, as all of us can see the scam.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s