S9 Not Reporting In

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bluethundr

Re: S9 Not Reporting In

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
bluethundr wrote:I notice the connection on SHA-256 is more stable now. It's lasting for longer amounts of time. However disconnects are still happening.

FYI
I have a theory. Could you provide us with your IP address, or, if you're worried about attacks here, submit a ticket with it so I can investigate?
I don't see any authorization attempts in the logs. All I see are a bunch of these errors. Like over a hundred of them:

Code: Select all

Fatal Error: network connection lost!
do read_temp_func once...
do check_asic_reg 0x08
Just Fatal Error: network connection lost! over and over again in the logs. I don't think it's the network on my side causing the problem. Because I have 2 other miners hooked up to prohasing that don't lose their connections. They're on the same network as the S9.

I don't mind sharing my IP address. Here it is: 199.207.253.101

That's my external address.

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:08 am

It's been stable for a while tonight. Like a few hours. Then I tried adding the power settings. My password line read like this for a little while:

a=sha-256 p=.1438 w=1372
Then it reported into PH and lasted about a minute. Then started disconnecting. The status page on my miner showed the connection as "Dead".

I tried reverting the setting to just:

a=sha-256 
On the password line. But even after reverting to what I had before that worked (for a little while), the connection remains "Dead" on my miner. Tried restarting the miner. Same thing. Connection reads "Dead" on the status page.

Miner fell back to the second in line which is https://dgb-sha.theblocksfactory.com, I used them to mine Digibyte.

Then a few minutes later my PH connection came live. Registered as as SHA-256 machine at the top of the page and started displaying a coin, and calculating a hash rate. Be interesting to see if it drops off again.

It seems like it was stable on there for a while. But then it couldn't handle the power settings and that broke the connection again.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:37 am

bluethundr wrote:It's been stable for a while tonight. Like a few hours. Then I tried adding the power settings. My password line read like this for a little while:

a=sha-256 p=.1438 w=1372
Then it reported into PH and lasted about a minute. Then started disconnecting. The status page on my miner showed the connection as "Dead".

a=sha-256 
On the password line. But even after reverting to what I had before that worked (for a little while), the connection remains "Dead" on my miner. Tried restarting the miner. Same thing. Connection reads "Dead" on the status page.

Miner fell back to the second in line which is https://dgb-sha.theblocksfactory.com, I used them to mine Digibyte.

Then a few minutes later my PH connection came live. Registered as as SHA-256 machine at the top of the page and started displaying a coin, and calculating a hash rate. Be interesting to see if it drops off again.

It seems like it was stable on there for a while. But then it couldn't handle the power settings and that broke the connection again.
Thanks for that. I don't think the power settings are related to this issue. I think it was related to Bitcoin Cash mining. Has the issue been resolved now?
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:25 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
bluethundr wrote:It's been stable for a while tonight. Like a few hours. Then I tried adding the power settings. My password line read like this for a little while:

a=sha-256 p=.1438 w=1372

a=sha-256 

Thanks for that. I don't think the power settings are related to this issue. I think it was related to Bitcoin Cash mining. Has the issue been resolved now?
OK. It's been stable all morning. The miners are at home and I'm at work now. I'll try adding the power settings back into the password line tonight when I get home. Let's see if it stays connected once I do that. I'll let you know!

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:01 pm

OK, I added the power settings back into the password argument on my S9. So, now it reads:

a=sha-256 p=.1438 w=1372
I'll let you know if it drops off again. Tho I suspect we're good!

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Steve,

The S9 has been connected with no drops since yesterday. I added back the power settings to the password line. No disconnects since I did that.

Thanks for resolving the issue! What was the problem that was causing this?

Thanks
Zav

Post by Zav » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi.
the problem actually exists.
today I tried simultaneously with the L3+ to connect and S9 on one account.
L3+ works and S9 shows "Dead"...
creader

Post by creader » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 am

Hi,

i have nearly the same problem only when i tried to mine TEACOIN

my Pass looks like m=solo c=Teacoin n=teasolo

my log in s9 miner says Fatal Error: network connection lost!

other coins working fine only teacoin....please need help

thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:25 am

creader wrote:Hi,

i have nearly the same problem only when i tried to mine TEACOIN

my Pass looks like m=solo c=Teacoin n=teasolo

my log in s9 miner says Fatal Error: network connection lost!

other coins working fine only teacoin....please need help

thanks
What error are you receiving from the mining.authorize() statement in the logs?

If you're trying to mine Teacoins, a common error would be that you're submitting too many stale shares, and therefore were banned. Since there are so many miners mining Teacoins, about 98% of the shares for that coin are stale because the blocks are coming faster than network latency.
creader

Post by creader » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

ok this error with stale i can imagine. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

i tried to find the mining.authorize() statement, but i'm not realy know how i can find this. In my "normal" log of the S9 i can't find anything like this.

thanks