S9 Not Reporting In

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bluethundr

S9 Not Reporting In

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 am

Hello,

My connection on my S9 says that it's live to prohashing,com on my miner stats page on the miner itself.

But on the prohasing.com site it will appear as Undefined on the Live pool stats on my earnings page, and then disappear. It keeps on doing that. Showing up as Undefined and disappearing. Over and over again.

I'm not sure if my hashes are counting. Can someone take a look at my account and find out what the problem is?

My password line just says: a=sha-256.

Thanks
bluethundr

Re: S9 Not Reporting In

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 am

I just checked again. The status page on my miner just says the connection is 'Dead', now. Before it said it was alive. Nothing has changed in my config. The password line still says "a=sha-256". Is this a problem on the PH side?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 am

bluethundr wrote:I just checked again. The status page on my miner just says the connection is 'Dead', now. Before it said it was alive. Nothing has changed in my config. The password line still says "a=sha-256". Is this a problem on the PH side?
I think so, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue this morning. I'm continuing to investigate. It seems to me that something causes miners to disconnect periodically, but only for this one algorithm.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:59 am

bluethundr wrote:Hello,

My connection on my S9 says that it's live to prohashing,com on my miner stats page on the miner itself.

But on the prohasing.com site it will appear as Undefined on the Live pool stats on my earnings page, and then disappear. It keeps on doing that. Showing up as Undefined and disappearing. Over and over again.

I'm not sure if my hashes are counting. Can someone take a look at my account and find out what the problem is?

My password line just says: a=sha-256.

Thanks
What is your username, so that I can investigate this "undefined" issue?
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am

Ok, Steve. Thank you! My user name is bluethundr. MY worked that I'd like to connect (and stay connected) is bluethundr.S91. It was working fine last night. Now it's not.

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 am

Looks like the issue just resolved. What happened?

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:01 am

Whoops! Spoke too soon. The S9 was there and reporting in. It was calculating the hash rate. But then it disappeared again. Looks like the disconnection issue is still happening on the SHA-256 algo.

Thanks
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:34 pm

I notice the connection on SHA-256 is more stable now. It's lasting for longer amounts of time. However disconnects are still happening.

FYI
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:12 pm

bluethundr wrote:I notice the connection on SHA-256 is more stable now. It's lasting for longer amounts of time. However disconnects are still happening.

FYI
When you disconnect, does the miner attempt to authorize again? When it does, could you send me the specific error message that the miner is returning?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm

bluethundr wrote:I notice the connection on SHA-256 is more stable now. It's lasting for longer amounts of time. However disconnects are still happening.

FYI
I have a theory. Could you provide us with your IP address, or, if you're worried about attacks here, submit a ticket with it so I can investigate?