nVidia 1060 and an i7 7700 - what miner can I use?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
slim6y

nVidia 1060 and an i7 7700 - what miner can I use?

Post by slim6y » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 am

Ok, I would like to Prohash. I have no problems NiceHasing, but I prefer the idea of ProHash ultimately.

But this is where I am stuck.

My real issue is what miner do I really want to use for an nVidia 1060 (and if possible, combining CPU as well, though I don't think I have ever found something that can do that yet)?

I want to use the open ended "choose most profitable coin of the moment" command. If you can point this noobie in the right direction, I would be very grateful.
spauk

Re: nVidia 1060 and an i7 7700 - what miner can I use?

Post by spauk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm

i think best options for equihash miner for newer nvidia cards is dstm's zm 0.6 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0 or ewbf which you probably already have if you have nicehashminerlegacy installed with all of the miners downloaded, it's in the 3rd party bin folder.
if you wanted to try solo mining easy x11 or scrypt coins you would use ccminer. i have no advice for cpu miner here
slim6y

Post by slim6y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:24 am

I have used EWBF Miner and am having some success.

I am guessing, this low income is a result of pretty average gear (a good gaming laptop, but not really a mining laptop)? Does this then suggest that x11 and scrypt mining is out of the question for me?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 pm

The mining rigs I've seen that make profits usually have 6 or more video cards plopped together.
You can make profits with less, but understand it may be 1/6 what others see for their profits, and you will have to decide if that is worthwhile.

Also, understand laptops aren't really 24-7 always on machines. If you treat it as such, you may find you have to replace that laptop sooner than you thought...so make sure to set aside some of your laptop mining profits incase you need to replace the laptop also.
dragonbyte_llc

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am

I'm using EWBF with GTX 1080 Ti's. What I'm getting at either port server is the msg "Received incorrect work" error msg. What could be wrong? First place this has ever happened.

Thanks in advance for the help.