Equihash Mining Examples

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
nemesis-t-warlock

Equihash Mining Examples

Post by nemesis-t-warlock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 am

Can we get some support on how to configure different miners to work with equihash on prohashing?

I've been trying to get BMiner to work with NVidia cards and while I 'think' I have it correct I keep getting the error "panic: interface conversion: interface {} is []interface {}, not string".

The problem is that apart from a couple of forum posts there are no 'Getting Started' examples. The only detail I think seems correct is for Claymore but we can't use that with NVIDIA.

Guys, what did you use when you were setting this up? What mining software did you test for AMD/NVIDIA. Examples would be nice. Something like:

BMiner batch file:

REM Change the following address to your Zcash taddr.
SET ADDRESS=*My Wallet*
SET USERNAME=username.worker:a=equihash
SET POOL=prohashing.com:3333
SET SCHEME=stratum

START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

If tried the above replacing username with my login name and worker with what I want the miner to be called (should this even be included since we would normally use n= in the password?). How should we be setting the password?

I'd really like to give this a try but some help would be appreciated to get me and others started.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Equihash Mining Examples

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am

nemesis-t-warlock wrote:Can we get some support on how to configure different miners to work with equihash on prohashing?

I've been trying to get BMiner to work with NVidia cards and while I 'think' I have it correct I keep getting the error "panic: interface conversion: interface {} is []interface {}, not string".

The problem is that apart from a couple of forum posts there are no 'Getting Started' examples. The only detail I think seems correct is for Claymore but we can't use that with NVIDIA.

Guys, what did you use when you were setting this up? What mining software did you test for AMD/NVIDIA. Examples would be nice. Something like:

BMiner batch file:

REM Change the following address to your Zcash taddr.
SET ADDRESS=*My Wallet*
SET USERNAME=username.worker:a=equihash
SET POOL=prohashing.com:3333
SET SCHEME=stratum

START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

If tried the above replacing username with my login name and worker with what I want the miner to be called (should this even be included since we would normally use n= in the password?). How should we be setting the password?

I'd really like to give this a try but some help would be appreciated to get me and others started.
Unfortunately, there are so many types of software that it would be impossible for me to get exact parameters for all of them. Perhaps others can assist in posting their configurations to this thread.
nemesis-t-warlock

Post by nemesis-t-warlock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 am

I'm not asking for all, just some. One even? Other places manage to do this.

What did you use to test? How did you set it up? Even one working example might help others get other tools working.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 am

i've been using ewbf for nvidia gtx 750 and gtx 960 with this bat file

Code: Select all

miner --server prohashing.com --user spauk --pass "a=equihash n=gtx750" --port 3333 --fee 0
i got the ewbf miner with an installation of nicehashminerlegacy in the 3rd party bin folder and just made a new bat file. not sure if the --fee 0 does anything but it doesn't stop it from working either.
dstm's zm 0.6 seems to get slightly better sol/s and my cards seem to run cooler so i might start using that. the main commands for setting stratum details are the same (--server --port --user --pass)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 am

The difficulty with bminer is inputting 2 password arguments i.e. a=equihash and n=worker

I tried
bminer -uri stratum://username:n=[email protected]:3333

It eventually connected but had difficulties accepting shares, maybe it works now. Regardless I decided to drop bminer and went for EWBF with the following script.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
miner --server prohashing.com --user username.worker --pass a=equihash --port 3333
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:41 am

zafar177 wrote:The difficulty with bminer is inputting 2 password arguments i.e. a=equihash and n=worker

I tried
bminer -uri stratum://username:n=[email protected]:3333

It eventually connected but had difficulties accepting shares, maybe it works now. Regardless I decided to drop bminer and went for EWBF with the following script.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
miner --server prohashing.com --user username.worker --pass a=equihash --port 3333
Now that I read these posts, I think that many of the problems here are related to multiple password arguments. In my tests, I put quotes around the password so that Windows (or whatever OS you're using) doesn't interpret it as two separate commandline arguments.
choma

Post by choma » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 pm

This is what i keep getting when using bminer:

[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:03+02:00] Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast (v6.0.0-d111154)
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:03+02:00] Checking updates
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Watchdog has started.
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Starting miner on devices [0 1 2 3 4 5]
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Connected to prohashing.com:3333
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Starting miner on device 0...
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Subscribed to stratum server
[INFO] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Set nonce to 88043986
panic: interface conversion: interface {} is []interface {}, not string
[WARN] [2018-03-29T01:19:04+02:00] Miner died! It will be restarted soon...

This is my config (using PimpOS):
USER1=stratum://username:'n=rig a=equihash w=1800 p=0.13'@prohashing.com:3333
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 pm

from my research, bminer does not work with the method prohashing uses for setting parameters for the worker, you can try using a proxy to connect through bminer. set up a rig on Mining Rig Rentals, put prohashing on there as a pool, and use the rig connection settings in bminer
choma

Post by choma » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:06 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:from my research, bminer does not work with the method prohashing uses for setting parameters for the worker, you can try using a proxy to connect through bminer. set up a rig on Mining Rig Rentals, put prohashing on there as a pool, and use the rig connection settings in bminer
That's a hack that I'm not looking forward to. :( I hope Prohashing guys will have time to deal with this issue... EWBF works but is buggy and gives like 8% less hashrate...bminer has risen above and proved itself far more reliable and efficient.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:06 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:from my research, bminer does not work with the method prohashing uses for setting parameters for the worker, you can try using a proxy to connect through bminer. set up a rig on Mining Rig Rentals, put prohashing on there as a pool, and use the rig connection settings in bminer
I think that the "set_difficulty" command causes issues with some software. A workaround will be to have two IP addresses connected to the mining servers, and if a connection originates from one of the IP addresses, then "set_difficulty" won't be sent before "a=equihash" is processed.

For the vast majority of customers, it won't make any difference which address they use. For some equihash miners, they'll need to use the address that doesn't send set_difficulty, and for some scrypt miners, they'll need to use the other address to make software that doesn't function without that command work.