Antminer l3+ alot of rejected shares

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Pekkaen

Antminer l3+ alot of rejected shares

Post by Pekkaen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello

I just received my first Antminer l3+ today and hooked it up and got it running on Prohashing.
But i notice i get alot of rejections on it ? Currently i have 250 accepted and 42 rejected, all iwe done is add workername.
Also i tried d=16384 i found on google but didnt seem to make much diffrence ?

I tried nicehash for awhile and i never had any rejected shares there (250 shares 0 rejected), so im just wondering if its my settings for prohashing or if its prohashing thats struggling alittle ?

Best regards.
Darzl

Re: Antminer l3+ alot of rejected shares

Post by Darzl » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:03 pm

If you don't have issues with ports then at the moment I found litecoinpool.org to pay more and pay as soon as your set limit was reached.

I don't think I have a lot of rejected shares and I have 4 L3+ on Prohashing.
Pekkaen

Post by Pekkaen » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Darzl wrote:If you don't have issues with ports then at the moment I found litecoinpool.org to pay more and pay as soon as your set limit was reached.

I don't think I have a lot of rejected shares and I have 4 L3+ on Prohashing.
No issues with ports, i started 1 of my L3+s on litecoin and yes it seems to give more.
I keep getting rejected shares and found blocks not showing up on prohashing, i guess its because of the rejected shares....
Problem might be im located in europe, not sure where prohashing has its server but i guess the US ?.

But i have 45k shares and 5k rejected, 6 found blocks but only 2 show up on prohashing... But i will let it run for a few days more to see, if not i guess im better off sticking to litecoinpool.
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 am

I am in Europe too and I have to use the proxy.prohashing.com:443. I have done a few days on litecoinpool and will do the same here to compare earning so I will let you know what I get for rejected shares.
I found 7 blocks aLL were showing on PH but didn't find any on LCP but they don't do multi coin.
Pekkaen

Post by Pekkaen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Darzl wrote:I am in Europe too and I have to use the proxy.prohashing.com:443. I have done a few days on litecoinpool and will do the same here to compare earning so I will let you know what I get for rejected shares.
I found 7 blocks aLL were showing on PH but didn't find any on LCP but they don't do multi coin.
Thank that would be great, iwe been running my 2 on litecoinpool now for a few days.
Been checking the forums here everyday to see if i got any reply on what might be the problem, because like you say LCP doesnt do mutli coin and if you have PPS there so if i do find a block i dont get any extra reward for it.
So i think if PH would be more "stable" for me and give me more accepted blocks i think i would make alittle more here, but im scared to move it back right now...

But i shouldnt have any issues with ports, according to my ISP everything is open and im running port 3333 on LCP too so i dont think thats the issue for me.
But i would be greatful for your feedback :)
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I have been running a few days on PH now and I monitor mine way too much and noticed lots of drop outs and reboots on my L3+'s so I have now set to d=524288 c=litecoin and my shares seem to be really quick and 1 rejected share after 30 mins but the standard stale shares on PH.
Zav

Post by Zav » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Darzl wrote:I am in Europe too and I have to use the proxy.prohashing.com:443
for what reason is it used?
what is different from prohosting.com: 3333?
I'm Russian.
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:18 am

Zav wrote:
Darzl wrote:I am in Europe too and I have to use the proxy.prohashing.com:443
for what reason is it used?
what is different from prohosting.com: 3333?
I'm Russian.
443 is better for the security and should stop any mitm attack on you hashing
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 am

I don't seem to be getting notifications from watched posts, sorry for the late reply.
alim

Post by alim » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Couple of different issues mentioned, so I'll respond as I noted them.

1. Rejected share rate - anything less than 1% is considered good on a Moonlander2 (1% the size of the L3+), so that is what I use to judge.

You can increase WU by setting scan-time=7 expiry=28

2. Difficulty: Prohash testing I've done suggests the minimum difficulty to assign is 65536... I've tested this extensively. You can get around this by specifying h=xxx [where h is between 1 and 10000]. This will ensure that you don't get lots of very low difficulty coins to mine.

3. Rewards... I have mined solo, on litecoinpoin, mutipoolhub, and prohash. Merged mining increases your profits, because these are sold and the coins you specify are purchased. If you want to solo mine, I do recommend joining one of the smaller pools - check Reddit or solo mine on Prohash as you get the merged mining credit. In a PPS pool, you contribution is based on your hashpower out of the total and you will be a smidgen of a dot on the landscape.
NB: for smaller miners, I point mine to litecoinpool as I can't get a viable return on Prohashing.

4. Payments, make sure you do a total cost analysis. Prohashing charge 5%, other charge between 1-2%. Litecoinpool changed their payouts recently.

5. Found blocks - hmm. The L3+ seems to report a lot of Found blocks which appear to be ghosts. Last week I had over 500 of them. Prohashing did some investigations and now the orphan rate of found blocks appears to be more visible.