Brand new miner. Help Antrouter R1

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
last100yards

Brand new miner. Help Antrouter R1

Post by last100yards » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to all of this, just got my 2 any routers in today, my Antminers will be in over the weekend. I have having an issue getting my Antrouter to link to prohash. One of them is working just fine with litecoinpool, the seems to be giving me issues with prohash. It is showing up on prohash, but not mining anything. I understand it's a low rater, but there should be something. Can someone break down how to connect the Antrouter barny style for me? Thank you!!!
daidavies

Re: Brand new miner. Help Antrouter R1

Post by daidavies » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 am

hi,im even newer than you lol. can you tell me what equipment to buy possibly cheaply.as I just want to get started and familiar with how it works
rickuht

Post by rickuht » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 pm

last100yards wrote:Hello everyone,

I am new to all of this, just got my 2 any routers in today, my Antminers will be in over the weekend. I have having an issue getting my Antrouter to link to prohash. One of them is working just fine with litecoinpool, the seems to be giving me issues with prohash. It is showing up on prohash, but not mining anything. I understand it's a low rater, but there should be something. Can someone break down how to connect the Antrouter barny style for me? Thank you!!!
I'm running a Antrouter R1-LTC as my learning curve as well. I've managed to get it up and running by using the simplest of arguments in the R1-LTC Configuration tab. Pool1= prohashing.com:3333, Pool1 worker=rickuht, Pool1 password= n=Ant_1, with the same settings for all 3 pools save Ant_2 & Ant_3 just so I can see how everything is flowing.

On a side note, I have NOT been able to enter more than one argument in the password field no matter what format, so if anyone has had luck here please share your wisdom with us...
last100yards

Post by last100yards » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:25 pm

daidavies wrote:hi,im even newer than you lol. can you tell me what equipment to buy possibly cheaply.as I just want to get started and familiar with how it works
Man I know how you feel! So your cheapest and most profitable path in my opinion is to go with the Antminer L3+ or D3. The L3+ will get more by itself but is a bit more expensive to purchase. You can purchase directly from the Bitmain website for a bit over $1300, but you have to wire them money which is a bit annoying. You can look on Amazon or Ebay, but they will be marked up prices pushing $2000 and above. The D3 is much less expensive, but you can only find them on Amazon or Ebay. Ebay is by far the cheaper route to go; you can find them between $500 and $1100 depending on the batch it was made. If you go with the D3, you will need to buy at LEAST 2, perferably 3 or 4. But if you go into bidding wars you can get them pretty cheap. That is what I've done. I've gotten 3 all under $2500. Remember this is an investment, so it'll take a few months to recoup the initial funds you spend. But having an extra $300 to $400 a month is really nice. I use 1 L3+ with 2 antrouters for Scrypt and 3 D3 for x11. I have projected I'll be making between $700 to $1000 a month (hopefully). But I have invested over $4000 to include Power Sources (don't forget the Power Sources).
last100yards

Post by last100yards » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:27 pm

rickuht wrote:
last100yards wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm running a Antrouter R1-LTC as my learning curve as well. I've managed to get it up and running by using the simplest of arguments in the R1-LTC Configuration tab. Pool1= prohashing.com:3333, Pool1 worker=rickuht, Pool1 password= n=Ant_1, with the same settings for all 3 pools save Ant_2 & Ant_3 just so I can see how everything is flowing.

On a side note, I have NOT been able to enter more than one argument in the password field no matter what format, so if anyone has had luck here please share your wisdom with us...
Thank you! I had to mess with it a few times, but I ended up figuring it out. They are just noce to do something while extending my wifi haha.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:01 pm

rickuht wrote: On a side note, I have NOT been able to enter more than one argument in the password field no matter what format, so if anyone has had luck here please share your wisdom with us...
add quotation marks " " around your password field to enter more pw arguments, that works for most miner software i've seen.
leeb18509

Post by leeb18509 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 am

I also picked up a couple of these R1-LTC's and although they connect and hash with just a "n=" as the password argument, when I tried the password arguments to solo mine a lower difficulty coin they never connected. Anyone have any insight on this? I'm familiar with solo mining coins with my L3+ and it works fine.
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 am

I have an antrouter and it seems it will not do anything with any pools if there is a space in the password field, it looks like a bug in the firmware and i cannot see any other firmwares available for the device.