virgin miner- have questions...pls

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mhyde71

virgin miner- have questions...pls

Post by mhyde71 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm

got all set up- logged in did the whole start page of connecting cb to account, litecoin address inputted....

looked at help page- did the #'s down the list... 1 & 2....but then the 3 is where i am stuck

Point your miner toward prohashing.com:3333.
Use the same username as you use to log into the website.
Enter a blank password or use password arguments, which enable powerful features for controlling miners and mined coins.
Port 443 proxy server also available at proxy.prohashing.com:443 if your hosting provider blocks port 3333.

where the heck do this get done in?? what am i missing and what is the deal??
rickuht

Re: virgin miner- have questions...pls

Post by rickuht » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:08 am

Mhyde71, don't know if I can be of much help (only been tinkering for a week myself) but what kind of mining rig are you using. I'm running a slug of an AntRouter R1 and these settings you're referring to are in the "minner settings" tab of the router interface. Possibly if you list your equipment someone will be able to point you to the correct screen... Hope you get it up and running soon so you can make some coin!
JackNRochNY

Post by JackNRochNY » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am

Yes, what is the make, model of the miner you are using? What, if any software did you download and are using? We really can't help without knowing this information. I understand that learning to mine is a tedious process sometimes (searching through forums to find the right answers can be time consuming, especially if you don't know what to ask.)

Provide the above and I would be happy to guide you.

Jack
mhyde71

Post by mhyde71 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 am

hi guys thanks...

So i dont have dedicated miner- i have my sons old gamer.... i recently built him a new one with ryzen 7 ....and nvidia 1060- but that s his and he does gaming... i was hoping to put this old gamer to work..>?>

it has the amd r9 380, fx8350cpu,

and i didnt/havent yet downloaded any software for mining except for getting into prohashing.

hope those specs are okay....

i am looking at getting an l3+ though -

or unless there are better suggestions/ideas for me to get. ???
leeb18509

Post by leeb18509 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Easiest way to start is with Nicehash. Download this program and you're mining. https://www.nicehash.com/cpu-gpu-mining