pool keeps kicking miner.

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

pool keeps kicking miner.

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Help please.
I thought I had this setup last night and it was working with just n=miner for the password.

I woke up this morning and I am on a backup pool. Did the pool go down? When will my miner switch from pool2 back to pool1?
It was mining at my backup pool for 4 hours when I woke up. I rebooted, it mined at prohashing for 5-10 mins, and now is back on the backup pool.

Is this pool not stable? Why cannot I connect for more than 10 mins today? Last night I was connected for hours before I went to sleep.
I cannot do work on a pool if I have to check back every 4-5 hours to reset or reboot my miner machine, sorry.
travelinmusic

Re: pool keeps kicking miner.

Post by travelinmusic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 pm

What miner brand and model?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:36 pm

L3+ got it in december, has newest bitmain firmware, worked fine at other pools ive been testing.
Worked fine here last night when I woke up was on backup pool for 4 hours. I thought if the pool came back up the miners switched to the first pool then 2nd pool then 3rd pool.
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:45 pm

That is true it should have switched back to #1 pool.
I noticed this morning when I restarted a miner that PH showed dead and was on pool 2 for only about 10 minutes, but I've never seen that occur here before. Also about the same timeframe your issue started, I had a miner or more producing hash on a backup pool.
At least the pool switching is working. Every 10 minutes is unacceptable of course.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:45 pm

travelinmusic wrote:That is true it should have switched back to #1 pool.
I noticed this morning when I restarted a miner that PH showed dead and was on pool 2 for only about 10 minutes, but I've never seen that occur here before. Also about the same timeframe your issue started, I had a miner or more producing hash on a backup pool.
At least the pool switching is working. Every 10 minutes is unacceptable of course.
There have been weird connectivity issues today again. I'll have Chris submit a ticket to Javapipe tonight and see if they can figure anything out about this.

This gets frustrating, because it's always something else. We fixed the problem with those bots, and then now it's these connectivity problems. Tomorrow it will be something different. Eventually we'll finally be able to devote manpower to additional algorithms and coins, I hope.
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
travelinmusic wrote:That is true it should have switched back to #1 pool.
There have been weird connectivity issues today again. I'll have Chris submit a ticket to Javapipe tonight and see if they can figure anything out about this.

This gets frustrating, because it's always something else. We fixed the problem with those bots, and then now it's these connectivity problems. Tomorrow it will be something different. Eventually we'll finally be able to devote manpower to additional algorithms and coins, I hope.
just me but.... i would dedicate my time to solving all site issues before i even begin to think about adding features. you need a stable environment first and foremost. once you have that, only then should additional features be thought about.

everyday i look at the shoutbox and it is most often filled with complaints about this not working right, that not working right. yes, your communication is very good but, again, fix what you currently have.

oh also, implementing source code on a live site, untested is not a good idea, in any environment.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:49 pm

pretty sure everyone was having issues staying connected this morning, no use in making a forum post about it. i was seeing my miners get connection interrupted about every 3 to 6 minutes (and lost shares). if i had to guess someone was trying to attack the server (probably some disgruntled miner).
i did notice some people static mining primuloncoin which would have bursts of low difficulty when miners reconnect and then it spikes up in difficulty after a couple minutes, which i guess isn't out of the ordinary, but seems like back at square one with miners with a lot of hashpower targeting low difficulty coins (primuloncoin might always be an easy coin if no other pool seems to mine it.)