Hashpower drops every 30mins to zero

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Morpheus7

Hashpower drops every 30mins to zero

Post by Morpheus7 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:52 am

Hello fellow miners and coin enthusiasts out there :D

I set up my Miner L3+ with Ethernet and it runs quite well. Though since I added the Notification warn me when HP drops under 50MH/s, Emails almost constantly arrive saying the HP is zero..
So WiFi should work properly, anyone knows what else this could be?
Thanks for your help and answers already!
AppleMiner

Re: Hashpower drops every 30mins to zero

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:33 am

Would need to know more about what password setting you are using to connect to the PH pool.
What version of the firmware are you using on the L3+?

If you log into the miner, what is the uptime on it running?
Is the 30 mins zero hashrate a result of the miner restarting or rebooting every 30 mins?
MicoB

Post by MicoB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:42 pm

I've had the same notifications appearing ever since enabled them, telling me that my hash rate is lower than 300mh/s, and there were a few times the notification was showing the hash rate was at zero. The uptime on my miner didn't suggest that there were any disconnections or resets over the period of time that I was being notified, either. The password arguments are n= w= and p=. What concerns me is that my worker history was showing my accepted hash rate to be well under 500mh/s for more than 3 hours. The site going down more often recently doesn't help, but did get me to stay on litecoinpool.com for the last week where I did not experience a similar problem.
djliss

Post by djliss » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:38 am

MicoB wrote:I've had the same notifications appearing ever since enabled them, telling me that my hash rate is lower than 300mh/s, and there were a few times the notification was showing the hash rate was at zero. The uptime on my miner didn't suggest that there were any disconnections or resets over the period of time that I was being notified, either. The password arguments are n= w= and p=. What concerns me is that my worker history was showing my accepted hash rate to be well under 500mh/s for more than 3 hours. The site going down more often recently doesn't help, but did get me to stay on litecoinpool.com for the last week where I did not experience a similar problem.
Is it a coin change triggering this possibly? if you use the c= command does it still happen?
MicoB

Post by MicoB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm

djliss wrote:Is it a coin change triggering this possibly? if you use the c= command does it still happen?
I don't use the c= argument, but switching coins happens far more often than the notifications, so I cannot see that being related.
Here are a couple screen shots of what I've seen.

Seems I don't know how to post images properly, but you can open the link in a new tab.